Morning Intermediate Desert Drive - Big Red - Catch me if you can - Reload - Sharjah - 2 Sep 2023

M.Seidam

Warning 💀 ( Please read before you join )

• This Drive is not intended by all means for the faint heart or for ones who fears heights .
  • Strongly reccomended not to bring passengers especially first timers or who fears heights and most likely to develop motion sickness
  • I personally strongly advise not to join if you are not sure about your vehicle readiness especially the recovery points (check its integrity from now if they are solid and not rusty ).

Plan :

From start till end we will be looping around big red area and its surroundings in different style back and forth ascend and descend continuously over and over. This means that we and our cars will be pushed to our limit hence a tremendous skill and focus is vital to enjoy this drive safely.

Stay tuned !

MUST READ AND COMPLY

Drive Details

Level:  intermediate and above

Meeting time: 5:30 AM Saturday 2nd Sept 2023

Meeting Point https://goo.gl/maps/nLJrRsKwokeeyqf6A

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), smiles, face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 9:30 AM  Saturday 2nd Sept 2023

P.S. Only join if you have a compressor to inflate your tires after the drive.

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE:

• Limited to 10 cars maximum. RSVP will close the night befor the event.
    • If the RSVP is full and you wish to join, please add your self on the wait list option and the system will pull in after one drive retriction will be released if there are available slots and drive not closed yet.
  • Latecomers will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members that do not confirm the terms of the COVID requirements will be removed from the RSVP list.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

PLEASE RSVP ON THE CALENDAR

• Gaurav changed the title to Morning Intermediate Desert Drive - Big Red - Catch me if you can - Reload - Sharjah - 2 Sep 2023

Dear Friends

Please note RSVP is closed 

Please find your order in the " Catch " tomorrow 😄

1 . Seidam

2. @Benjamin

3. @Mark B

4. @Gary F

5. @Krishna R

6. @Sunil Mathew

7. @Amir Amiri

8. @Jaro Tuzinsky

Have a good rest tonight you will need it for the hunt tomorrow. Please be on time sharp at 05:30 inshallah with fully charged radios. Channel 2 

Cheers . 

Seidam 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thanks (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, DP1011 said:

Doc @M.Seidam  So the Demolition Squad is on front , making it IM+ for No 5 onwards ? :D

I am sure they will re build 😂

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 3

Sorry guys I’m going to have to drop out, have just left the house and some bad shaking in the steering rack, not sure at this point if I’ve lost balance weights AGAIN! or it’s a ball joint issue it wasn’t there yesterday but can’t chance it ffs 🤦🏻‍♂️ 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad (0) 2

28 minutes ago, Mark B said:

Sorry guys I’m going to have to drop out, have just left the house and some bad shaking in the steering rack, not sure at this point if I’ve lost balance weights AGAIN! or it’s a ball joint issue it wasn’t there yesterday but can’t chance it ffs 🤦🏻‍♂️ 

Damn hope you get it fixed 

• Like (+1) 2

Cheers Gary, only had it balanced couple of weeks back and can’t see any weights missing which makes me think ball joints but I’ll take in and see I guess, so glad I got up at 4am for nothing tho 😂 

hope you guys had a great drive was looking forward to my first IM ☹️

• Sad (0) 1

3 hours ago, Mark B said:

Cheers Gary, only had it balanced couple of weeks back and can’t see any weights missing which makes me think ball joints but I’ll take in and see I guess, so glad I got up at 4am for nothing tho 😂 

hope you guys had a great drive was looking forward to my first IM ☹️

No worries and that was the best call you did . See you next time inshallah 

Dear Friends 

I was so delighted meeting you all this morning seeing how much all of you were looking forward as well as i was too. I hope you lived your expactation. .. we started immediately tackling the mountain big red along its ramifications from all directions , and on top not leaving almost a single pit or dip negotiating it tightly at times.image.jpeg.8059f237aa75f946e7188fb839e832ab.jpeg

.. bouncing to the neighbour mountain attacking every slip curve switching back and forth till the back of pink rock taking the third bounce further north west where at top we had a proper picture break. the view reminded of the movie " close encounters of the third kind " 👽 

image.jpeg.362a6edc060c252a6f7c4695fa55a90a.jpeg

.. crossing the camel rock and louping around the crocodile rock back to big red to just find what the wind did to our tracks on top almost gone and new crests reformed which increased the challange to crisscross it and that was just an immense fun. 

For the whole drive No ropes nor shovells came out and the couple of refusals we encountered was beatifully self recovered.

@Benjamin you rocked man and thanks of correcting my slips in such high speed. briliant focus and driving as well .

@Gary F considering its your first IM drive you managed the LWB sandrunner like a pro . and your self recovery on the top was impressive . well done .

@Krishna R fantastic drive as usual keep it up.

@Sunil Mathew and @Amir Amiri  didnt hear you almost at all on the radio which says it all in the back , perfect driving.

@Jaro Tuzinsky Thanks for sweeping us all in this windy day . you drove flawlessly as well.

all and all i loved the day the action the drive and on top of all the accompany  with such fine peaple like you guys. we all did it safely with big smiles at the end.

till we meet take care and see you soon.

Seidam 

• Like (+1) 1
  • WOW (+2) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Important Information

Terms of use