•  

Night Newbie Desert Drive - Pink Rock - Sharjah - 1 Sep 2023

Chaitanya D

This drive is organized in full compliance with the COVID19 guidelines. We expect every member that joins this drive to go through below information and strictly follow these guidelines.

Thursday is fullmoon (Sturgeon Supermoon) and expect a "almost" full moon on Friday night - perfect for a relaxing night drive

MUST READ AND COMPLY

Drive Details

Level:  Newbie and above  (ABSOLUTE NEWBIE NOT ALLOWED)

Meeting time: 7:00 PM (SHARP - Without any exceptions) 1 Sep 2023 FRIDAY

Meeting Point:  https://goo.gl/maps/NjBkdRiyDXGMhMHR9

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), smiles, face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 11:00 PM

P.S. Only join if you have a compressor to inflate your tires after the drive.

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE:

• Limited to 12 cars maximum. RSVP will close on Wednesday - 5 PM.
    • If the RSVP is full and you wish to join, please mention your name on the drive thread to add on the waiting list
  • Latecomers will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members that do not confirm the terms of the COVID requirements will be removed from the RSVP list.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

PLEASE RSVP ON THE CALENDAR

• Gaurav changed the title to Night Newbie Desert Drive - Pink Rock - Sharjah - 1 Sep 2023

Dear Friends 

Waqar Sarwar @Waqar Sarwar
AnasArif @AnasArif
Arravind @Arravind
Srilakshman Karthikeyan @Srilakshman Karthikeyan
Haneef Thayyil @Haneef Thayyil
Xavi Moyano @Xavi Moyano
Simon D @Simon D

Note the following

• Please be on time and bring all your passion for off-roading and a Full fuel tank as much as possible.
  • Deflate your tires to 12 psi for all terrain tires and 15 psi if regular tires
  • Please ensure your programable radio is on, fully charged and set to Channel 1 (446,006).
  • Briefing will be done  before we start moving
  • Please ensure everything in the car is tied down and there are no moving objects 
  • Please check all car fluids, tow hooks, and ensure no hanging parts below the chassis.
  • please ensure you come with a full tank (as much as possible) in addition to all mandatory gear for this drive level specially your

1. tire deflator,

2. pressure gauge

3. compressor,

4. safety flag and

5. radio. (NO FLAG or RADIO = NO DRIVE)

Meeting Point:  https://goo.gl/maps/NjBkdRiyDXGMhMHR9

7 PM

For night drive 

1. Use high beam and fog lamps - check you aren't glaring others

2. Follow the track taken by car in front exactly

3. If you miss track - Do not venture further  on your own

Convoy list as below

image.png.9d9204a5e80da04952ec33392ee1f038.png

See you all tonight ☺️

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Yahir Marban said:

Hi Chatainya, I would like to go but I don’t have experience in a night off road . 

any chance I can  go as a passenger ?

Hi Yahir

if you have finished your absolute Newbie and have the necessary off road gears - flag, shovel, deflator, compressor and a radio you are welcome to join. 
do let me know 

First Night Desert drive

I was kind of skeptical at the start as it was my 3rd drive in the desert and that too at night, but excited at the same time. As a newbie, I knew that I would have few refusals but @Chaitanya D and @Simon D because of your guidance and experience every obstacle was crossed easily. @Waqar Sarwarthank you for being such a great second lead there were places where I was totally dependent on your tracks. It was great meeting @Arravind and @Xavi Moyano again. 

Thanks to the whole team

Thanks to the core team for motivating us.😊 

Got to learn a few new things in this drive like how to repair a partial pop-out tire, how to dig in the right way, and how to pull a car if it's stuck. 

IMG_6975.jpeg

IMG_6983.jpeg

IMG_6990.jpeg

IMG_6989.jpeg

9565C486-28B3-4B02-9CCA-C2BA7F81FE8D.jpeg

• Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

20230901_202020.jpg.5115598b39929aee80be99710bd98fd9.jpgThanks @Chaitanya Dfor leading us through the night . the weather was still hot and high humidity could be felt but somewhere mid the drive we could feel some nice breeze.

It was a pleasure driving with such a wonderful convoy . Thanks

@Waqar Sarwar
@AnasArif
 @Arravind@Srilakshman Karthikeyan
@Haneef Thayyil
@Xavi Moyano

For making the drive possible and I hope you enjoyed to see how we fix a pop out ( well in my case it was a partial pop out)😂

Looking forward to see you all soon in the sad 

Cheers 

Edited by Simon D
  • Like (+1) 2
  • WOW (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

17 hours ago, AnasArif said:

First Night Desert drive

I was kind of skeptical at the start as it was my 3rd drive in the desert and that too at night, but excited at the same time. As a newbie, I knew that I would have few refusals but @Chaitanya D and @Simon D because of your guidance and experience every obstacle was crossed easily. @Waqar Sarwarthank you for being such a great second lead there were places where I was totally dependent on your tracks. It was great meeting @Arravind and @Xavi Moyano again. 

Thanks to the whole team

Thanks to the core team for motivating us.😊 

Got to learn a few new things in this drive like how to repair a partial pop-out tire, how to dig in the right way, and how to pull a car if it's stuck. 

IMG_6975.jpeg

IMG_6983.jpeg

IMG_6990.jpeg

IMG_6989.jpeg

9565C486-28B3-4B02-9CCA-C2BA7F81FE8D.jpeg

You did very well @AnasArif. You never stop learning on sands and that’s what brings me back every time. 
Enjoy the drives 😊

16 hours ago, Simon D said:

20230901_202020.jpg.5115598b39929aee80be99710bd98fd9.jpgThanks @Chaitanya Dfor leading us through the night . the weather was still hot and high humidity could be felt but somewhere mid the drive we could feel some nice breeze.

It was a pleasure driving with such a wonderful convoy . Thanks

@Waqar Sarwar
@AnasArif
 @Arravind@Srilakshman Karthikeyan
@Haneef Thayyil
@Xavi Moyano

For making the drive possible and I hope you enjoyed to see how we fix a pop out ( well in my case it was a partial pop out)😂

Looking forward to see you all soon in the sad 

Cheers 

Great to have you @Simon D
Glad and great to see how you have gelled to be a experienced member embarking on further steps .

very clear - polite - correct instructions to the friends on this drive. 
not to forget the jovial chats and the amazing DIY jobs you have done on your car. It would be great if you could write it up - especially for those who want a “PAJeep” without costing a bomb. ( Pajero converted to a Jeep)😅

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

Hi @Amal Sunil , welcome to carnity.  

I would recommend you to read the advices section in the forum. 

in regards to your question please read the following article .

• Like (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use