•  
Advertise here

Manual Xterra good for dunes?

On 8/28/2023 at 6:14 PM, Srikumar said:

if you are reasonably careful they will outlast an automatic transmission any day.

lol

On 8/28/2023 at 7:41 PM, Sreenath G said:

How about 2009 3 Door Jeep wrangler manual transmission.

Dont get hung up on Liwa, really. As you need a ride that you can enjoy 12 months rather than once a year. Liwa is not a big deal depending on which level drive you join, we have seen all size and shapes of cars doing liwa every year.

• Totally Agree (+2) 3

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

On 8/30/2023 at 6:51 PM, Gaurav said:

Learn how to drive manual gear in dunes, especially for self recovery. Bit difficult to adapt in beginning but stick to basics - no half clutch and you will be good without burning any clutch.

Hi Gaurav, @Gaurav well noted. Thank you 

@Gaurav @Frederic @Bravoecho @Srikumar

@Anoop Nair Thank You for Your Advice on Off-Road Vehicles. Particularly on xterra. 🙏🙏🙏

To my dear desert companion, 

I hope that you are all doing well. I wanted to take a moment to express my sincere appreciation to each and every one of you for your insightful advice and suggestions concerning the purchase of an off-road vehicle. Your input was immensely valuable, and I sincerely appreciate your assistance in assisting me to make an educated choice.

I'm delighted to declare that I've purchased an dedicated off-road vehicle that I believe will serve me well on all my adventures. This decision was profoundly shaped by your advice, and I couldn't be pleased with the outcome.

I am eager to share my off-road adventures with you all and to embark on new adventures in the future. Again, I appreciate your wisdom and support.

See you in desert 👍👍👍

• Like (+1) 4

Wow congrats @Sreenath G ! That will be a beast in the sand !

• Thanks (+1) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Congrats @Sreenath G. Enjoy your new ride, get used to clutch at low-level drives and start learning with "zero half-clutch" principle to learn fast without worrying about getting stalled. 

Every manual car stalls in the desert, so no big deal if yours stalls frequently during the learning phase.

• Thanks (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

2 hours ago, Gaurav said:

Congrats @Sreenath G. Enjoy your new ride, get used to clutch at low-level drives and start learning with "zero half-clutch" principle to learn fast without worrying about getting stalled. 

Every manual car stalls in the desert, so no big deal if yours stalls frequently during the learning phase.

Thank you @Gaurav. Well noted. See you all soon in sand from coming week onwards.👍

Just now, Sreenath G said:

Thank you @Gaurav. Well noted. See you all soon in sand from coming week onwards.👍

As of right now. I've replaced all lubricants. Every dushes. The steering mechanism is functional.

Let me one or two sand-driving attempts, and will determine if anything needs to be fixed.

On 9/9/2023 at 12:45 AM, Sreenath G said:

Here it is... Xterra 6 cylinder, off road version, manual transmission. 

IMG_20230908_225241.jpg

@Sreenath G that's a powerful combo: the XTerra uses the same VQ40 engine as Y62 V6 + the 6-speed manual has 1st Gear Ratio of 4.37, higher than Land Cruiser and Rubicon's 4.1 first gear, so means on 4H 1st Gear you already have lots of torque to move the wheels (good for climbing tall dunes).

Looking forward to see this beast on the sand when we're in the same convoy 👍

Reference for X-Terra Technical Specs

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Zed said:

@Sreenath G that's a powerful combo: the XTerra uses the same VQ40 engine as Y62 V6 + the 6-speed manual has 1st Gear Ratio of 4.37, higher than Land Cruiser and Rubicon's 4.1 first gear, so means on 4H 1st Gear you already have lots of torque to move the wheels (good for climbing tall dunes).

Looking forward to see this beast on the sand when we're in the same convoy 👍

Reference for X-Terra Technical Specs

@ZedThank you. Sure will catch up soon !.