•  
Advertise here

horn help

I use my horn quite regularly during daily driving...(its amazing how many people need my horn assistance when navigating round-a-bouts in abu dhabi 🤪)

today i just get nothing. no noises.

Checked fuses 12&13 in engine bay and they are fine...

is there anything else *simple* i should check before taking it to the mechanics to have a look?

Edited by PETELCZYC PAJERO - luke
typos

10 minutes ago, PETELCZYC PAJERO - luke said:

I use my horn quite regularly during daily driving...(its amazing how many people need my horn assistance when navigating round-a-bouts in abu dhabi 🤪)

today i just get nothing. no noises.

Checked fuses 12&13 in engine bay and they are fine...

is there anything else *simple* i should check before taking it to the mechanics to have a look?

i had the same issue after the rollover, below are the steps my electrician did:

1. Use a meter to probe the relays if they are good instead of unplug-and-replug. They were good.

2. Open the steering wheel cos the horn and cruise control wirings go through the Yellow Spiral Clock Spring thingy. The yellow clockspring was ok.

3. Finally he used the Electrical Wiring Diagrams to probe the wirings, and found one wire needed soldering.

Good luck with yours 👌🏻

• Totally Agree (+2) 1

I also faced the same issue....horn was working intermittently, and not working at all when steering was straight.. when turned towards any side, it used to work randomly.

The culprit was the clock spring aka spiral cable , located within the steering wheel housing 

For the fortuner - AED 330 for original part, AED 120 for labour  🙂

• Totally Agree (+2) 1

Thanks for the tip @Sunil Mathew. Plan on checking if this is the culprit tonight.

Obviously damaged from my over enthusiastic usage of horn 😅😅

• Haha (+1) 3

clock spring was ok. 

Dropped the car off at the sparkies to take a look today... better be a quick fix! i need to get it registered this week 🤪

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, PETELCZYC PAJERO - luke said:

clock spring was ok. 

Dropped the car off at the sparkies to take a look today... better be a quick fix! i need to get it registered this week 🤪

power direct across the terminals of the horn indicate the horni tself  failed. shoot should have tested the actual horn. 😒

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

On 9/11/2023 at 3:13 PM, PETELCZYC PAJERO - luke said:

power direct across the terminals of the horn indicate the horni tself  failed. shoot should have tested the actual horn. 😒

Occam's Razor Principle: sometimes the simplest could be the answer 😁 I'm putting the "How to test your Horn Device is working using Normal Car Battery" link below (skip to minute 1:39) so others next time can do this test first before checking the yellow clock spring in steering wheel 🙂

• Like (+1) 2