•  

Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Badayer - Sharjah - 15 Sep 2023

Hisham Masaad

We request every member that joins this drive to go through the information below and strictly follow these guidelines, etiquette, and responsibilities.

MUST READ AND COMPLY

Drive Details

Level:  Fewbie and Above 

When:  15 Sept 2023, Friday.

Meeting time: 6:00 AM (SHARP - Without any exceptions)

Meeting Point: https://goo.gl/maps/czhFkdDuhbNMKQyc8

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 8:30 AM

THIS IS A COMPRESSOR ONLY DRIVE. WE WILL STARTING AND ENDING THE DRIVE AT THE SAME POINT, WHICH IS NOT CLOSE TO AN AIR LINE. IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A COMPRESSOR, PLEASE DO NOT SIGN UP FOR THIS DRIVE. IF YOU ARRIVE AND HAVE NO COMPRESSOR YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO JOIN THE DRIVE. 

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE:

• Limited to 10 drivers.
    • If the RSVP is full and you wish to join, please mention your name on the drive thread to add on the waiting list. 
  • Latecomers will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

PLEASE RSVP ON THE BELOW CALENDAR

• Like (+1) 2
  • Sad (0) 1

@Hisham Masaad Is this only Jeep and FJ drive ;)

@Felix Obst Come over and we will share some amazing captures and videos - only to make @Marketa Dobesova realise what she missed 😈😄

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Confused (0) 1

@Hisham Masaad if I take a leave on that day and join the drive will it be okay for you??? You know i had a difficult time with you with bfg. Then with gaurav newbie drive with 10psi it was okay. Then  again gautam feewbie drive I had three popouts...so I am wondering...if you let me I will take a leave and join this drive amd see I get shoutings or can find some peace with current bfg tyres...sorry for the late message just came back from business trip...

• Like (+1) 2

37 minutes ago, Abhilash Kottakkal said:

@Hisham Masaad if I take a leave on that day and join the drive will it be okay for you??? You know i had a difficult time with you with bfg. Then with gaurav newbie drive with 10psi it was okay. Then  again gautam feewbie drive I had three popouts...so I am wondering...if you let me I will take a leave and join this drive amd see I get shoutings or can find some peace with current bfg tyres...sorry for the late message just came back from business trip...

Like I said, BFG won't flex much at 12 PSI, and I haven't seen anyone having 3 popout on BFG in one drive. BFG rarely pops out due to the strong (8-10 ply) sidewall. You can try with 12 PSI again and then mid-drive lower to 11 PSI to test, but make sure you take the reading with two different gauges to be accurate.

If 11 PSI goes fine, drive for 2-3 drives to settle with 11 PSI based on your car weight and driving style. After 3 drives, try again 10 PSI to test.

I had BFG on my SWB Patrol weighing 2 tons and always drove them at 10 PSI, and even at 8-9 PSI occasionally.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

• Gaurav changed the title to Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Badayer - Sharjah - 15 Sep 2023

@Abhilash Kottakkal all your issues are from your inexperience and overthinking about the situation. Don’t worry much about anything. Every incident is a learning experience and just go on with the newfound knowledge. Just keep driving and you will find the balance with the experience you will gain. In Newbie drives I often start at 12 just continue with it till the drive end. I can see they being at 14-15 psi. It always depends on the terrain and the intensity of the drive. Specifically Badayer and Tawi Nazwa my opinion is that those areas are well traverses and so the areas are often compacted, you should ideally not face any issues.

Having said that if you remember the one time I pulled you, I did so - only to move you out of the situation you yourself put into by digging into to the sand and after that you - YOU Yourself - self recovered. And post that I drove much more aggressively and in much more difficult terrain but we didn’t had any refusals. Often it is just mind game rather than anything else. Be chill about it and just enjoy. Over time you will have the experience to manage the situations you WILL find yourself and looking back on these trivial issues you will have a good laugh. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

don't drive like its your last one.

6 hours ago, Abhilash Kottakkal said:

You are welcome @Abhilash Kottakkal. At the end of the day it will all fun and learning curve. However, badayer drives usually start with 3 phases., A warm up, yalla push, and landing to exit.  We will check how it goes in the first phase, and beginning of the second phase, and adjust tire pressure accordingly if any issue. However, it is always important to relax, have confidence, concentrate, and promise you will enjoy. Now, going back to your leave from work (oh looks I have plenty of time to type ). That decision you need to evaluate, commercially, technically, socially and logistically. Will leave it for you ....😅

Look forward to see you

Good day

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

Dear badayer visitors, @Ignacio Quindós @Dev_ @Issam Atra @Srilakshman Karthikeyan @Haneef Thayyil @DP1011 @Abdelghani  @Abhilash Kottakkal @Krishna R, thank you for joining, and look forward to see you tomorrow. We will use radio chanel 2, and moving as per below convoy order. Look forward to see you tomorrow 6 morning, ready to start.

Image 9-14-23 at 7.26 PM.jpg

• Like (+1) 6
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use