•  
Advertise here

Rust Proofing and Undercoating

Hello Folks,

I am searching for workshops/garages who do Rust Proofing and undercoating. 

This https://quickfitautos.com/car-repair-services/auto-body-shop-dubai/rust-proofing/ quoted 1350AED for Pajero. 

Any other shops where i can get it cheaper or is this a standard price ? 

Thanks. 

not trying to undermine the value of this service in any way...

but why?

I can show you how a 14yo pajero's underbody looks when zero protection is done (basically it still looks like new thanks to the weather in here) or a 7yo merc parked in Dubai for the past 3 years... again: zero traces of rust, both cars look brand new when you look under. I can also show you a 5yo european import that went through 3 seasons of winter in Europe and got rust proofed right after purchase - it looks like crap...

I am trying to understand why is this service so popular here, where there is no salt and snow on the roads in the winter. Why are we saying that Dubai's weather is so bad for the underbody of cars "living" in here?

Edited by Marek_was003
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

1 minute ago, Marek_was003 said:

not trying to undermine the value of this service in any way...

but why?

I can show you how a 14yo pajero's underbody looks when zero protection is done (basically it still looks like new thanks to the weather in here) or a 7yo merc parked in Dubai for the past 3 years... again: zero traces of rust, both cars look brand new when you look under. I can also show you a 5yo european import that went through 3 seasons of winter in Europe and got rust proofed right after purchase - it looks like crap...

I am trying to understand why is this service so popular here, where there is no salt and snow on the roads in the winter. Why are we saying that Dubai's weather is so bad for the underbody of cars "living" in here?

A couple of reasons:

1) living nearby the coast of UAE will have some toll on your underbody. In 2018 we bought a Pajero from a doctor in Abu Dhabi who never took it off-road but the underbody looked bad. The salt in the air when you live near the coast is responsible for this.

2) I went to Oman last summer with our Patrol and  spent a few hours driving along the coast line on the shore itself. By the time I got back to Dubai I noticed the salt already started to create discoloration on the chassis (not yet rusting), and that week I decide to take it for rustproofing as it’s my intention to keep the car for a long time. 

I took mine to All Terrain Performance UAE and they combined the rust proofing with front axle reinforcement (recommended for Patrol). 

• Totally Agree (+2) 2

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Since I don't live "on" the palm, but in some poor-peoples-away-from-the-sea areas, I'll skip on this service and continue to believe it's not something that 99,9% of cars in Dubai really need... ;-) 

• Like (+1) 1