•  
Advertise here

Advice needed

Hello Everyone,

I am thinking of purchasing the following vehicle! let me know your thoughts. What would be a good price for it?

Year: 2017

Millage 48,000Km (Confirmed from RTA and Nissan)

Trim: Nissan Patrol Super Safari

No accidents.

Full-service history for Nissan Dubai

Upgrades: (original receipts available) too numerous to list but cover engine tuning, lift kit, King off-road racing shocks, Dobinson coil springs, Dobinson steering damper, EBC slotted brake rotors and pads, Rhino roof rack, Rigid Industries lights, Method Race 17” wheels, H&R spacers, Pioneer sound system with sub-woofer, Apple and Android Car Play, 360-degree camera installation.

PS: I am taking it tomorrow for a full thorough inspection in a specialized off-road garage

Thanks

IMG-20240130-WA0002.jpg

IMG-20240130-WA0003.jpg

IMG-20240130-WA0004.jpg

IMG-20240130-WA0005.jpg

IMG-20240130-WA0006.jpg

IMG-20240130-WA0009.jpg

IMG-20240130-WA0010.jpg

IMG-20240130-WA0012.jpg

IMG-20240130-WA0013.jpg

IMG-20240130-WA0014.jpg

IMG-20240130-WA0015.jpg

IMG-20240130-WA0016.jpg

• Like (+1) 1

The mods look pretty decent, brands are all good. Go with your gut feeling though. On paper the cars a good buy, as long as youre not overpaying.

When I was looking for an off-road toy, I was actually considering one of these super safaris... considering the new had been 170k in 2017, now I would have to pay over 120k for a car with over 100k desert miles... This car is not loosing any value and this is something I don't understand. But I gave up at that time stage. Now I'm in the market for another offroader and I still go and check every now and then Super Safaris... just to remind myself why I don't want to buy one - owners ask arm and leg for a car that is basically a piece of junk on four wheels, that doesn't even go straight and has visual signs of abuse (one I checked had signs of welding done on the frame, despite the 100% original body paint - that's how badly abused some are).

I'm sure if you post it online, you will be able to sell it within hours. If you removed all modifications and not advertise it on carnity site, you would probably have it sold within an hour from when you posted it ;-)

All the best with the car - looks good on photos!

Buying a Patrol second hand is risky, and especially if it's tuned or modified. On the other hand, the mods on this car are not cheap mods, the previous owner seems to have chosen top range brands, so it might be worth checking this one out (make sure to do a full inspection).

They indeed depreciate very little, and being an owner i do understand why:

+ Hugely popular in the UAE as a "THE ICONIC" 4x4 to have.

+ Very little electronics that could leave you stranded. All tried and proven technology.

+ Powerful 4.8 inline six engine that has good torque. Top end power is lesser due to the heavy weight on LWB model so that needs to be taken into account.

+ Big.. Out of the showroom a capable off-roader that needs little to no mods and makes a fantastic overlander as well.

- Thirsty...... 

- No fancy tech

- LWB is a heavy boat and not very fast.

I was extremely lucky to squeeze my Patrol out of the hands of my colleague who hardly put miles on it (40k) and never took it once into the sand. I bit the bullet to buy it and have not regretted it.

As ex-Pajero owner, i will happily admit the following:

+ As reliable as a Patrol

+ 3.8 is a great engine, especially in a SWB 2-Door model. 

+ Parts are readily available.

+ The LWB makes for a great reliable overlander.

- Thirsty

So, Bang for the Bucks, a Pajero is a better option to buy as secondhand, especially because many do not have been in the sand yet.  But in my case the Nissan Patrol has always been on my bucket list and prefer it in the sand more than the Pajero due to better stock clearance and handling (debatable).

• Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Get the chassis measured

Check for rollover signs

Get few quotes from diff insurance companies with car VIN to make sure car is not written off in past.

With such high quality mods, person would only sell if its wrecked or moving on to bigger animal. Thorough unbiased Inspection can answer those very well in few minutes, including excessive engine mods that could jeopardize engine longevity. 

Which nationality is the previous owner, as lot depends on that when it comes to used cars previous maintenance and upkeep vs abuse till last breath.

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

56 minutes ago, Gaurav said:

Get the chassis measured

Check for rollover signs

Get few quotes from diff insurance companies with car VIN to make sure car is not written off in past.

With such high quality mods, person would only sell if its wrecked or moving on to bigger animal. Thorough unbiased Inspection can answer those very well in few minutes, including excessive engine mods that could jeopardize engine longevity. 

Which nationality is the previous owner, as lot depends on that when it comes to used cars previous maintenance and upkeep vs abuse till last breath.

I’ve seen many guys with deep pockets going for 50kAED mods, only to realize 6 months down the line they like tennis more 😜

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

1 hour ago, Gaurav said:

Get the chassis measured

Check for rollover signs

Hi @Gaurav, do we have a chart of the nationalities vs upkeep ? Curious to see how they’re classified ? :) Luckily, I can pin myself on almost any continent 

• Haha (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, Frederic said:

I’ve seen many guys with deep pockets going for 50kAED mods, only to realize 6 months down the line they like tennis more 😜

Totally agree, but the image showing mods seems weathered, so must be used for at least 2-3 seasons, if not more.

• Like (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/30/2024 at 1:33 PM, SamyB said:

360-degree camera installation.

Sorry, off-topic, but

Very curious about this 360 camera - my straight reverse camera on the y61 itself is such a pain as there is no obvious center mounting location.

Is it integrated into the pioneer system?

Is it stock?