•  

Morning Fewbie Plus Desert Drive - Solar Park Orbit: Full Revolution - Dubai - 03 Mar 2024

We request every member that joins this drive to go through the information below and strictly follow these guidelines, etiquette and responsibilities.

MUST READ AND COMPLY

Drive Details

Level:  Fewbie Plus and above (all levels)

Meeting time:  8:00 AM (SHARP - Without any exceptions)

Meeting Point: https://maps.app.goo.gl/WKuQJoi61bdYVKfL7

Action Plan: Now that Solar Park has almost reached its completion, and that its "sun" (AKA the Solar Tower AKA the Eye of Sauron) shines its bright light to the furthest reaches of the Emirate, we'll dust off an old Long-Range Drive of mine, that will take us in a complete circular revolution around Solar Park, from Qudra/Lisaili's side, through "the Chimney" route, to Murqaab side, down to Faqa, across Little Sweihan, and back up to Solar Park's Innovation Center. Approximately 100 Km of varied terrains, to be completed with the favor of driving across the dune's hard faces (except perhaps the last stretch).

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), smiles, face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 12:00 PM

P.S. Only join if you have a compressor to inflate your tires after the drive.

RECOMENDED OFF-ROAD GEAR:

• Tire deflator & Tire pressure gauge
  • Compressor (MANDATORY)
  • Walkie-talkie radio (MANDATORY)
  • Off-road flag (MANDATORY)
  • Shovel, Tow Rope & 2 Shackles
  • First-aid kit
  • Fire extinguisher

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE

• This drive is limited to 10 cars only. RSVP will close on Friday - 12 PM.
  • If the RSVP is full, you can add your name to the waitlist, once anyone drops, you will be moved to the RSVP list.
  • RSVP will close a day prior to preparing a convoy list.
  • Latecomers will be returned - Without any exceptions.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned - Without any exceptions.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

PLEASE RSVP ON THE CALENDAR

• Like (+1) 1

Dear @Martin Schwaiger, thanks a lot for joining this drive. I see from your profile that you have not done any drives with Carnity yet, which makes you an Absolute Newbie (at least for our club). Since this drive is planned for Fewbie Plus members, I will have to remove you from it. At the same time, you may join one of the Newbie drives, this week or the next. Thanks a lot for your understanding.

Dear Desertnauts,

preparing for tomorrow's drive, find the meeting point in the drive's post. We will meet under the pylons, on the road between Qudra's Last Exit and Solar Park. You can reach the meeting point driving around the roundabout and back toward Qudra, just a few meters before the pylon line, on the right.

Prepare for a long-range drive, moving east toward the Solar Tower, down toward Faqa, back west along the field of solar mirrors, across Little Sweihan, and back up toward the Innovation Center (this last part may be the most tedious, due to heavy vegetation).

The convoy order at the moment is the following:

@Faraz94 in Second Lead

@Emanuel at #3

@Sreenath G at #4

@Mahmoud Taha at the Center position

@Mahesh_ at #6

@george charbel at #7, and 

@Charbel in Sweep.

Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow. Have a nice Saturday evening.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Hi everyone, regrettably, I won't be able to make it for tomorrow's drive due to unforeseen commitments. Apologies for any inconvenience caused. Have a fantastic time, and I'll catch up with you all soon!

• Thanks (+1) 1
  • Sad (0) 2

Thanks Ale for a good drive today even with the surprises.

Here is the feature video followed by selected raw footage. Have a great weekend my friends. If you like the videos please smash the Like button on YouTube and subscribe to my channel. Thank you.

@Ale Vallecchi, @Mahmoud Taha, @Mahesh_, @george charbel, and @Charbel

• Like (+1) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Important Information

Terms of use