•  

Afternoon Intermediate Desert Drive - Mid Week Madness - Nahel - Abu Dhabi - 20 Mar 2024

DRIVE PLAN

The Drive is intended for short bursts of High-Speed bowls, climbs, crisscross, and Ridge riding for thrill seekers. 

we will start the drive at 2.30 PM and end at 5 PM or two hours drive time, whichever is earlier.

MUST READ AND COMPLY

Level:  Intermediate and above

When: 20 Mar 2024 , Wednesday

Meeting time: 02:30 PM (SHARP - Without any exceptions).

Meeting Point: https://goo.gl/maps/A1Q6WarVVUY2EAPv5  

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), smiles, face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 05:00 PM

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Smiles, enthusiasm, and willingness to Have Fun.

MANDATORY OFF-ROAD GEAR:

• Tire deflator & Tire pressure gauge
  • Compressor
  • Walkie-talkie radio
  • Off-road flag
  • Shovel, Tow Rope & 2 Shackles
  • First-aid kit
  • Fire extinguisher

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE

• This drive is limited to 5 cars only. RSVP will close on Friday
  • If the RSVP is full, you can add your name to the waitlist, once anyone drops, you will be moved to the RSVP list.
  • RSVP will close a day prior to preparing a convoy list.
  • Latecomers will be returned - Without any exceptions.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned - Without any exceptions.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

PLEASE RSVP ON BELOW CALENDAR

• GauravSoni changed the title to Afternoon Intermediate Desert Drive - Mid Week Madness - Nahel - Abu Dhabi - 20 Mar 2024

Hey @Sunil Mathew ..we need minimum of three cars to be on a safe side to conduct any drive. 
I would wait for any last considerations until 9 pm… consider the drive cancelled post 9 pm today.

• Totally Agree (+2) 1

5 hours ago, GauravSoni said:

Hey @Sunil Mathew ..we need minimum of three cars to be on a safe side to conduct any drive. 
I would wait for any last considerations until 9 pm… consider the drive cancelled post 9 pm today.

I am in @GauravSoni and @Sunil Mathew, lets us playing fresh sand 😉

• Well Done (+2) 1

although had to cut short midway due to Gaurav's car issues, we had a great drive with enough time to play around, flattening maximum ridges and criss crossing our way through...a short convoy enabled us to try different things which would normally be difficult with long convoys...see you soon on another adventure @GauravSoni and @Santoso Marjuki... probably the one being contemplated by GauravSoni 🙃😉

Edited by Sunil Mathew
added text
  • Like (+1) 3

A short convoy gives the freedom to explore and push the level especially when you have experienced level headed guys behind the wheel! 

we had a quick chat and I gave them a choice of what they were expecting.. it seemed just going all out like kids in the park was the selection for the day!

we started around 2.45 pm with a nice cloud cover ,  cool wind and absolute virgin sands! The uninterrupted flowing dunes of Nahel gave us a an “iftar bowl” - choice of maneuvers and angles to climb the ridges and side slopes. We perhaps climbed the multiple dune from multiple angles perfecting the move every single time.. 

@Santoso Marjuki your infectious smile and such brilliance in handling your car behind in close quarters is simply superb! 

All was going too well until I faced an issue with my car. We quickly sorted it out, however we agreed to not risk and  exit out. In agreement we decided to let @Sunil Mathew and @Santoso Marjuki play around the area for some time. 
Considering we had good experienced drivers, I decided to let willing driver @Sunil Mathew to lead the convoy out to the exit track.
you navigated  quickly with smooth tracks to exit us all out!

it was an absolute pleasure leading two amazing drivers in an amazing terrain! 
 Hope to see you guys soon! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Important Information

Terms of use