Night Newbie Desert Drive - Lisalli - Dubai - 29 Mar 2024

Dear Desert Wanders, @RiadJL, @ChrisW, @Adam Black, @Mohammad91, @frederic demolder, @Giovana, @Sameer D.,  @Wilfredo Perez, @Sumedh Krishna, @Sviatoslav, @Vipin M, @Gary F and @Mark B.

Thank you all for a great drive last night, you all drove amazingly well to make it a very enjoyable evening. We had it all from some nice flowing mid to long range dunes to a little bit of technical and some shrubbery turning it into overlanding at one point. but no matter what the desert throw at us, you all handled it superbly, with only one small stuck and a handful of refusals. so well done to each and everyone of you. 

A big thankyou to my second lead @frederic demolder you did an amazing job especially as it was your first night drive. well done and thanks again.

In the sweep keeping us all together we had @Gary F, great comms, I heard a lot of instructions to assist the team in front of you which is of course how we learn, thanks for being there gives me piece of mind knowing the back of the convoy is safe and in good hands.

In the middle we had our center forward @Mark B, maybe not as busy as we thought you would be, but still busy enough, we a lot of great instructions to handle the one stuck and the few refusals that we did encounter, great mastery over the center of the convoy which makes my job so much easier.

I hope you all enjoyed the evening as much as I did 

@Nicolò, I hope you get your car fixed quickly and easily 

Have a great weekend :)

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Yes great drive everyone and thanks for having me @Davie Chase really nice drive, the convoy drove fantastically! Was definitely expecting more action but the convoy drove like pros, really well done everyone, night drives are not easy. 
looking forward to seeing you all again soon 

thanks 

Mark 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Really nice drive everyone,  for a night drive and with sands becoming softer you all did exceptionally well for this size convoy at this level. 

I’d brought two shovels and we only got to use them once.

The back of the convey did well nice control and climbs,  we had one minor hiccup when both drivers of black wranglers needed assistance at the same time , it highlighted the importance of calling out your position number too on radio comms.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use