Morning Intermediate Desert Drive - Sweihan - Abu Dhabi - 06 Apr 2024

DRIVE PLAN

It's going to be almost a typical "Sweihan Drive", drive tall, drive fast, drive quick. I am trying to explore a new track and some new areas. Bring out your Go Pros and Insta 360s as it is one for the record.

Request every member that joins this drive to go through the information below and strictly follow these guidelines, etiquette, and responsibilities.

MUST READ AND COMPLY

DRIVE DETAILS

• Level:  Intermediate and above
  • When: 06 April 2024, Saturday
  • Meeting time:  7:00 AM (we will leave at 7:00 am)
  • Meeting Point: https://maps.app.goo.gl/xY6aK4cDazQQ8Ufh6
  • Approximate finish time: 10:00AM
  • Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.
  • What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), smiles, enthusiasm, and willingness to learn.

MANDATORY OFF-ROAD GEAR:

• Tire deflator & Tire pressure gauge
  • Compressor
  • Walkie-talkie radio
  • Off-road flag
  • Shovel, Tow Rope & 2 Shackles
  • First-aid kit
  • Fire extinguisher.

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE

• This drive is limited to 10 cars only.
  • If the RSVP is full, you can add your name to the waitlist, once anyone drops, you will be moved to the RSVP list.
  • RSVP will close a day prior to preparing a convoy list.
  • Will not wait for latecomers and they will be returned - without any exceptions.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned - without any exceptions.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

PLEASE RSVP ON BELOW CALENDAR

don't drive like its your last one.

• Gaurav changed the title to Morning Intermediate Desert Drive - Sweihan - Abu Dhabi - 06 Apr 2024

@Sunil Mathew @Ranjan Das @Patrick van der Loo thanks all for joining the drive. We will certainly do the drive and for Sunil, some portions might seem familiar as we were in a similar contingent sometime back. Most of the drive would take us in a different route to explore other dunes in the Swihan area. 

IMG_2854.jpeg.48ffb0b046607d533dc0f0383d105690.jpeg

I was out of station this week and returned today. I saw this mural on the wall of the aircraft and it seemed familiar- any guesses what it could be? 

• Like (+1) 2

25 minutes ago, Looper said:

I was out of station this week and returned today. I saw this mural on the wall of the aircraft and it seemed familiar- any guesses what it could be? 

big dunes are like kids, see one, you have them all!
but do plan a drive on them... will surely join :-) 

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, Ranjan Das said:

big dunes are like kids, see one, you have them all!
but do plan a drive on them... will surely join :-) 

TBH it looks Nagra Hill to me. We will check it out tomorrow… 

This was wicked fun @Looper, small group, solid pace and great driving from @Sunil Mathew and @Ranjan Das in switching around the positions, amazing fresh environment. First part of the drive I spent almost half a tank on power driving, second part really flowed. Loved it! 

Edited by Patrick van der Loo
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Excellent , intense, engrossing , thrilling drive @Looper.... we were all so into the drive that time was almost at a stand still.. @Patrick van der Loo and @Ranjan Das..great driving with you guys..our rhythm and tandem today were exceptional!!! See you on another adventure!!!

• Like (+1) 3

Important Information

Terms of use