Advertise here

Airjack or Hi-Lift

I just realized that normal jack does not mean anything for a lifted car :mrgreen: ( I know I know learning new things every day ;) )

Which one is more suitable for general recovery situations and especially for stuck in sand ?

Yellowhat has an aitjack with 3 ton raiting for 280 AED and I've seen hilift available @ICON Garage for ~400 AED

I've seen airjack once in action, my friend wanted to use it to change the tyre and it blew up in 15 sec

I do not know the brand but since then Im looking those quite suspicious

so what do you use ?

i use high lift as the bags are not really safe, mind you nor is the high lift unless you learn to use it first, the high lift can break arms, legs and even heard of it taking someone eye out recently, they are the best but only if you know how and when to use, if you get completely stuck with a flat and you only have a normal jack you can always use it under the suspension (this is far from perfect and a bit dangerous) but could get you by in an ermergancy

I am using a hi-lift, but it depends on the structure of the car. If you have solid metal bumpers, it's fine. If there is plastic all around, it's pretty much useless. A friend uses the Airjack and is happy with it, I believe the hi-lift is more versatile. Agreeing with doc...once you know how to use it right. Otherwise it can break a lot, and not only the car. In my oppinion the hi-lift is more reliable in rough situations and almost all conditions. Saying that, it needs to be stored in or outside the car in a proper way or it can be dangerous during any kind of accident for everyone inside or around. Fixed mine at the Defender rear bumper, greasing it here and then and it's quite safe there.

One Life - Live It!

Defender 90 TD5