•  
Advertise here

Can we drive LR3 for long drive of 1500km?

Is it ok to drive LR3 for long drive of 1500km to salalah and come back another 1500km in just 7 days time.

My husband is proposing this option, so just wanted to check with this club Land Rover owners if any on you have done this? And is it ok to do this? And what all measures we should take before planning such a long drive.

Victor has said it all; your car was built for this type of trip and longer. Although might be better to go there in Sept/Oct to get the best weather - there's a few of us planning to go down there then.

With your car, just do all the normal stuff before any long journey and I'm sure you'll have a great time.

I went down 1200kms in to Oman a few months ago. Taking in Mountain, Desert and Islands and the only problem I had was I'd left the HDC on at some stage and the brake system got hot, so when I applied the Electronic Parking Break it refused to release until it had cooled sufficiently.

Hope that helps, make sure you let us know how you get on

I just came back from that trip, made 3800km in 7 days including mountains, wadis, desert, 600km unpaved roads. All this in a Defender. With an LR3 the drive will be just more comfortable but also without no issues regarding the distance. As Kim said, just give it a good service before since there are not many garages on the way down and you might not wait to be recovered in the now rather hot period.

One Life - Live It!

Defender 90 TD5