Advertise here

Leaking Defender needs fixing advise please.

with this car sooner or later i knew that i had to get the leaks checked but i was waiting for my brother to come down from Australia to take car o it. now the problem has gone a notch up that coolant is getting low but the leaks have not increased so then where is the coolant leaking?

Unlike US the environment for ladies in a workshops is not very friendly but i will still have to get the car fixed on my own. would really appreciate if some members of landroverdubai.com can give their expert advise to this issue.

Kind regards and thank you all in advance for looking into this matter

Miaa

Hi Miaa

There are two service garages that I know have women go to them and they have never felt uneasy about their aproach, AAA or A2B.

There are so many things this could be and without being in a position to get under the hood yourself you'd best get it to a shop as soon as.

Hi Miaa,

I agree with Kim_M on this AAA is damn good and professional where ladies can easily walk in and wait in a decent place until they look into ur car. Until you make visit to mechanic or wait for your brother, i strongly advise you to keep a close eye on coolant level bottle on right side of engine bay. Its usually a green color fluid in there. If its near emptying then stop at enoc and ask those fuel attended to help you topping up that coolant. Its no big deal, once you buy 10 dhs bottle of coolant every morning you can check yourself and top up if needed. Dont open coolant cap when engine is hot, let it wait it cool down for 15 mins atleast as its under pressure and it might gush out pretty fast if you open w/o cooling it down or while car engine is running.

thank you gentlemen you guys are life savers. Is this matter serious that i will need a recovery for the car or can i drive down to them. Can i get their numbers if possible.

Really appreciate the prompt response ' not very common in free online community forms'

keep up the generous work.

thanks once again

Hi there,

So:

AAA: http://www.aaadubai.com/aaadubai.htm

A2B: http://www.a2b-garage.com/index.php/con ... ct-us.html

I need a workshop for my Discovery as well as I've asked for advice from a few friends and these 2 were also mentioned as the best. Not the cheapest, but the ones who know what they're doing.

If the indicator on the dashboard is not on and the temperature gauge is normal then you cand drive the car. Avoid heavy traffic.

Regards,