•  
Advertise here

DO U THINK AUTOMATIC CAUSE MORE ACCIDENTS THEN MANUAL CARS?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have read in few places that there are new sensors introduced at BMW that will go off if car is going to get into trouble like if the car is too near the other car of if its going to meet a collision it will switch off immediately. hoping that this will reduce the number of accidents.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

coincidence to say this ws the topic in my circuit last week when me & friends were talking abt a Merc drove into the restaurant in Dubai in the early morning killing 3 ppl. I think accident hs nothing to do automatic/manual. when u face it u r going to apply brakes rather sitting there n change gear etc. Now if you confuse with clutch and brakes, it yr problem. So lack of concentration is the cause of any accident.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Offcourse automatic cause more accidents than manual. When driving manual car, the visibility and mental state to drive the car is always active becasue we are using both are hands and legs in order to operate the car. While driving automatic car, there is no use of hand and thus we loose our visibility as well from the road as we don't have to think much on when to change the gear. On the other hand driving manual car is a tough job specially when driving in the traffic. It requires full concentration and thus we have are more active on the road which ultimately results in less accidents on the road.