•  
Advertise here

ASX vs. Others....

Hi Guys...

Currently having ASX 2013  with 71k Km odo.

Now I am planning to change the car in next couple of months. Kindly suggest, what may be other options,.

My range is 35 to 40K dh, with max. 80K km driven.

how is KIA Sportage vs ASX? I like sportage by its looks, price vs features availability....but here on Carnity, i read some negative comments about Sportage (mileage, durability, customer service by authorized dealers etc) So how do you rate Sportage vs ASX overall??

and what may be the other options in this range?? Rav 4, CRV....?? and what else???

Check out the new crv seems to be a good option but just launched in the market I suggest which ever car you buy test drive it first and then make your decision cause every individual has a different taste and maybe what your looking for is not noticed by others .

• Like (+1) 1

@Ren13 thank you for your reply.

Yes i will definitely test drive the car, first I will have to sale current car. May be after a month.

No body replied about KIA quality...and other options.....

Sticking to Japanese is better than Korean brands, if really inclined then stick with Hyundai is better than Kia not only from quality and reliability perspective but from better resale too.

Kia's are good and cheap cars, but they doesn't hold their value coz they are only good for first 3-4 years w/o any problems and after that cheaper build start showing it's colors.

Knowing 3 Kia owners in my office and seeing their ride and problems occasionally, my suggestion is to pass Sportage unless you are buying brand new and only for the looks and pricing.

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

@Osman sorry for the late reply, but I agree with @Gaurav bhai, better Japanese than Korean. Rav4 might be simple with a few options as compared to its conterparts, but holds its resale value well. I have test driven CRV on 2 occasions, in 2001 and again in 2006, somehow it never impressed me.

The problem with more options is more chances of it messing up with your happiness specially after the warranty is over. I had a friend who had a KIA and in brand new it gave him so many problems, even if just cosmetic like things from the cabin just falling off, the car staying with the agency for the repairs took time and that is annoying when it happen far too often.

Just my 2 cents.

@Gaurav @Rahimdad thank u for your replies guys. i hv dropped kia frm my list.

my preference will b toyota or nissan but  the only problem is that they seem to b slight out of range..... 😀

but let the time come i will see what my budget is at that moment.....

thanks again

• Like (+1) 1

IMO Japs are totally not worth it nowadays, severely over priced for what they are offering i.e base line models for the price of full spec models elsewhere. And just getting uglier and uglier by the day. Rav 4 The entire Nissan Line Up, save for the Armada ( Only because it hasn't had a new model come up yet ) and Maxima ( Maybe because its designed and made in the USA ) looks like it came out from the rear end of a diseased pig, with the Nissan Puke taking top place which looks like a retarded toad. .

All modern cars now have an equal amount of electrickery in them so the reliablility issue is just about the same with them all. Japs are more reliable is just a myth now. Its more down to the owner and how he maintains any car nowadays. 

And the Koreans IMO nowadays are the best bang for your buck, you get decent kit for reasonable money. And they have come a long way from their early days and make pretty good cars, There is a good spare part network that has also developed so thats also not an issue any more either. 

So IMO if you are looking for a boring Asian crossover or ecobox, I don't think you can go wrong with the Koreans.  

If you can run, own and maintain a step child like the Mitsu ASX you can surely do Korean. 

• Like (+1) 1