•  
Advertise here

For Desertdude/Anyone interested in diagnostics/coding

Barry

I was trying to reply to the thread a few weeks ago regarding Chinese diagnostics but there’s a problem with my account and I can’t post video links in existing threads for some reason. 

I had to code a radio to GCC specs today so it could receive different frequencies so I made a short video to show a couple of the functions @desertdudetalked about such as testing pixels. Sorry about the quality, I just did it in one go with no regards to production quality. Recorded in portrait mode too, sacrilege!

Launch X431 Pro Ver.3 around 4,500 dhs but you can probably get it for less. 

I usually do the opposite. I usually disable the radios on my cars because to me a radio is a distraction and especially when someone in the car wants to listen to blaring music. In fact, I have never has a working radio in any of my cars for the last few decades. 

It’s 50/50 for me depending on the car. If it’s something old/lightweight/nice pair of carbs, then I’m not too bothered about the radio, I’m happy to listen to Engine FM. If it’s a car for cruising round in I’ll spend money on the sound system, a decent head unit, an amplifier or two, some nice speakers and a 10” sub for nice punchy bass. 

23 hours ago, Barry said:

I was trying to reply to the thread a few weeks ago regarding Chinese diagnostics but there’s a problem with my account and I can’t post video links in existing threads for some reason. 

I had to code a radio to GCC specs today so it could receive different frequencies

i think nobody can upload video links to older threads..

also is that possible for a japan spec mercedes for tuning uae fm channels? xO if so i NEED it

Edited by hAwX

2 hours ago, hAwX said:

also is that possible for a japan spec mercedes for tuning uae fm channels? xO if so i NEED it

I’ll check it out for you over the weekend. If it’s possible, I’ll have the software. If not, you’ll just have to change the head unit. PM me your VIN number. 

• 3 weeks later...

For future reference, it is possible to change the region on Mercedes radios. All except JDM. There was a problem a few years ago with the yakuza recoding radios to listen to police frequencies so now JDM is locked down tight. 

• Sad (0) 1

On 11/16/2017 at 12:30 PM, hAwX said:

Videos can be embedded 

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.