Rahimdad

Range Rover Liwa crossing in just over 10 hours.

With the season on and a Liwa drive closer than we can imagine, time to gear up to the challenge. Mentally and physically for us humans and mechanically sound for our machines. The video posted is by professionals and for advertisement purpose, should not be tried by anyone without all the preparation and help. They only show what is good about the car and a lot of sand splashing but not the complete picture. Still felt like sharing as it is one of our favorite terrain.

Nicely dramatized.

Can we get the track of this exact crossing....?

• Haha 1

There is no conservation zone limits when advs or gulf news fun drive has to be done

Edited by skumar83

Of course anything for brand marketing LR's. No doubt Range Rover is very good offroader but showing that they are the only one leaves me to replicate same in lesser time.

Doing 95% track on flat or on dunes, AWD Rav4 can do that and doing few sideys to splash sand even LS430 can do that.

Oh this seems like a very old video from 2013, but I love some of the comments made, seems from true offroaders or genuine LR users

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

My ex boss Peter Gladstone was running the chase vehicle on this, it is what is as mentioned,as I have worked on similar projects myself, let say you can design an obstacle or off road course to make even a rav4 a very mean capable vehicle and vice versa, so yeah mostly marketing hype. 

2 minutes ago, desertdude said:

My ex boss Peter Gladstone was running the chase vehicle on this, it is what is as mentioned,as I have worked on similar projects myself, let say you can design an obstacle or off road course to make even a rav4 a very mean capable vehicle and vice versa, so yeah mostly marketing hype. 

Please get me the track, if you can

1 minute ago, Gaurav said:

Please get me the track, if you can

This video is very old just when they introduced the new sport, and knowing peter he's old skool and doesn't rely on GPS or tracks and as far as I know this area with the star dunes is off limits and on the Saudi side of the border. 

24 minutes ago, Gaurav said:

Can we get the track of this exact crossing....?

We can't do his track, this fellow crossed empty quarter from Saudi Arabia to UAE. He had done 900km track. Helicopters was flying around him with all supplies.

Since we attempted Liwa crossing Iast year i have been working for a track and I am almost ready with that. We can do this exploration drive when all are ready. 

Screenshot_20181126-131332_Geo Tracker.jpg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Asif Hussain said:

this fellow crossed empty quarter from Saudi Arabia to UAE. He had done 900km track. Helicopters was flying around him with all supplies.

What is the source of this info Asif bhai.....? 

• Similar Content

• By Recall
      ANNOUNCEMENT
      Safety recall campaign statement: Replacement of front lower control arm to knuckle joint for certain 2016 - 2017 model year Range Rover Evoque vehicles 
      In coordination with the Ministry of Economy - Consumer Protection Department and in line with its commitment to conduct an on-going review of all products in the UAE to provide the consumer with the required protection, Al Tayer Motors, the local importer - dealer of Land Rover vehicles in the UAE, and Premier Motors the official dealer for Land Rover vehicles in Abu Dhabi, announce a safety recall campaign for certain 2016 - 2017 model year (MY) Range Rover Evoque vehicles, manufactured in the UK, to replace the front lower control arm to knuckle joint. 
      A concern has been identified with a small number of Range Rover Evoque 2016 and 2017 MY vehicles. Investigations have identified that the front lower control arm to knuckle joint fixings have received more than two torque and angle applications during assembly, such that the fixing can yield so resulting in premature fatigue failure and possible separation of the joint 
      Where joint failure is imminent, drivers may report a knocking noise from the front of the vehicle. Where the fixing has failed, and joint separation occurred, vehicle stability and steering control will be compromised. The driver and driver assistance systems may not be able to control the vehicle leading to an increased risk of a crash.
      A total of 14 vehicles in the Range Rover Evoque VIN range SALVA2AN5GH149193 to SALVA2BN1HH176858 are estimated to be affected in the UAE. 
      In the interest of delivering the highest standards of Land Rover quality and customer care, Al Tayer Motors /Premier Motors will begin contacting the affected customers to inform them about this recall. 
      Owners are also notified to bring their cars to Al Tayer Motors / Premier Motors' service centres to replace the front lower control arm to knuckle fixing and apply the correct torque. The replacements will be done free of charge and every effort will be made to minimise any inconvenience caused during the short time required for the work to be carried out 
      For further clarification, customers may contact the Al Tayer Motors / Premier Motors Customer Care Centre on 800 MOTORS (668677) from 8.00 am to 6.00 pm, Saturday to Thursday. 
      We regret any inconvenience this may cause and thank our customers for their patience and understanding. 
      Hotline No: 600 522 225 

• By Recall
      ANNOUNCEMENT
      Safety Recall Campaign Statement for certain 2018 Land Rover vehicles 
      In coordination with the Competition Consumer Protection Department In the Ministry of Economy and In Ina with Its commitment to conduct an on-going review of all products in the UAE and provide the consumer with the required protection. Al Tayer Motors, the local importar - dealer of Land Rover vehicles in the UAE. and Premier Motors, the official dealer for Land Rover vehicles In Abu Dhabi, announce a safety recall campaign for certain 2018 Model Year (MY) Range Rover Velar vehicles, manufactured In the United Kingdom, fora software update and actuator arm replacement.
      Jaguar Land Rover has identified a concern with certain MY 2018 Range Rover Velar vehicles where the Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) system may not function correctly. The alr inlet dew linkages within the liVAC system may become detached and, depending on operating mode position. cause unexpected sevens condensation / fogging of the interior window.
      At temperatures below 0 degrees Celsius where the linkage detaches in recirculation mode, it may not be able to clear condensation / fog from the inside oldie front windshield or other windows. Failure to be able to de-mist the interior windows in a timely manner can restrict the drivel's field of vision and could lead to an Increased risk of an accident .
      In the UAE. 409 vehicles In the VIN range SALYA2AWJA700308 to SALYA2BK0JA74310 are affected by this recall.
      In the interest of delivering the highest standards of Land Rover quality and Customer care, Al Tayer Motors/Premier Motor will begin contacting the affected customer to Inform them about this recall and request them to bring in their cars for a software update and actuator arm replacement. which will be done free of charge. 
      Eve!y effort will be made to minimise any inconvenience caused during tha short time required for the work to be carried out 
      For further clarification customer care center on 800 MOTORS (868677) from 8.00 am to  8.00 pm. Saturday to Thursday. 
      Email: [email protected] 
      We regret any inconvenience this may cause and thank our customers for their patience and understanding. 
      Ministry of Economy Hotline No: 600 522 225

• By Recall
      ANNOUNCEMENT
      Safety Recall Campaign Statement for certain 2018 Land Rover vehicles 
      In coordination with the Competition Consumer Protection Department in the Ministry of Economy and in line with its commitment to conduct an on-going review of all products in the UAE and provide the consumer with the required protection, Al Tayer Motors, the local importer - dealer of Land Rover vehicles in the UAE, and Premier Motors, the official dealer for Land Rover vehicles in Abu Dhabi, announce a safety recall campaign for certain 2018 Model Year (MY) Land Rover Discovery Sport Range Rover Evoque and Range Rover Velar vehicles equipped with 2.0 litre petrol engines, manufactured in the United Kingdom, for fuel rail replacement. 
      Jaguar Land Rover has identified a concern with certain MY 2018 Land Rover Discovery Sport, Range Rover Evoque and Range Rover Velar vehicles in which the brazing of the fuel rail end caps is inconsistent and may not be to design specification, thereby incorrectly sealing the fuel rail ends. Fuel vapour and liquid fuel leaks can occur over time due to which fuel can leak into the engine bay. Drivers may notice fuel odour and may observe liquid fuel if the bonnet is lifted. Should leaking fuel come into contact with a sufficiently hot surface, there is an increased risk of fire. 
      Affected vehicles in the UAE include: 
      11 Discovery Sport in the VIN range SALCA2AXOJH685128 to SALCR2SX4J H748920 102 Evoque in the VIN range SALVR2RX4JH226559 to SALVP2RX3- JH296852 52 Velar in the VIN range SALYA2AX9JA700000 to SALYA2BX5- JA746759 
      In the interest of delivering the highest standards of Land Rover quality and customer care, Al Tayer Motors/Premier Motors will begin contacting the affected customers to inform them about this recall and request them to bring in their cars for fuel rail replacement, which will be done free of charge. 
      Every effort will be made to minimise any inconvenience caused during the short time required for the work to be carried out. 
      For further clarification, customers are requested to contact the
      Al Tayer Motors / Premier Motors
      Customer Care Centre on 800 MOTORS (668677) from 8.00 am to 6.00 pm, Saturday to Thursday.
      Hotline No 600 522 225 

• By Recall
      ANNOUNCEMENT 

Safety Recall Campaign Statement: Software update for certain 2017 Model Year (MY) Land Rover vehicles 
      In coordination with the competition Consumer Protection Department in the Ministry of Economy and in line with its commitment to conduct an on-going review of all products in the UAE and provide the consumer with the required protection, Al Tayer Motors, the local importer - dealer of Land Rover vehicles in the UAE, and Premier Motors, the official dealer for Land Rover vehicles in Abu Dhabi, announce a safety recall campaign for certain 2017 MY Range Rover and Range Rover Sport vehicles, manufactured in the UK, for a software update. 
      On the vehicles affected by this recall, the Thin Film Transistor (TFT) Instrument Cluster 0C) has been going blank intermittently. The instrument cluster will not display anything in this condition but will reset whilst driving. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with National Regulations or United Nations Economic Commission for Europe CECE) Regulation number 121-01 for a short period of ti me. 
      Without the instrument cluster displaying important information such as the vehicle's speed, there would be an increased risk of an accident. 
      In the UAE, 866 Range Rover vehicles in the VIN range SALGA2FV1 HA320324 to SALGA2EJ0HA366385 and 530 Range Rover Sport vehicles in the VIN range SALWA2EE7HA 124031 to SALWA2FK2HA691347 are estimated to be affected by this recall campaign. 
      In the interest of delivering the highest standards of Land Rover quality and customer care, Al Tayer Motors/Premier Motors will begin contacting the affected customers to inform them about this recall and request them to bring in their vehicles for the necessary software update. 
      Every effort will be made to minimise any inconvenience caused during the short time required for the work to be carried out. 
      For further clarification, customers may contact the
      Al Tayer Motors
      Customer Care Centre on 800 MOTORS (668677) from 8.00 am to 6.00 pm, Saturday to Thursday. 

• By Recall
      ANNOUNCEMENT
      Safety Recall Campaign Statement: Front brake pipe replacement for certain 2015 MY Land Rover Defender vehicles 
      In coordination with the Ministry of Economy -Consumer Protection Department and in line with its commitment to conduct an on-going review of all products in the UAE and provide the consumer with the required protection, Al Tayer Motors, the local importer - dealer of Land Rover vehicles in the UAE, and Premier Motors, the official dealer for Land Rover vehicles in Abu Dhabi, announce a safety recall campaign for certain 2015 model year Land Rover Defender vehicles, manufactured in the UK, for front brake pipe inspection and replacement if necessary. 
      The affected vehicles are showing signs of a chafe condition in the front brake pipe from caliper to the brake flexible hose. Where the brake pipe is chafed, in some instances it has been reported that a noise is present or loss of brake fluid has occurred. 
      Brake fluid loss will illuminate a red warning triangle on the instrument cluster instructing the driver to seek qualified assistance before continuing. It will ultimately result in extended brake pedal travel combined with reduced braking performance in the corresponding brake circuit and vehicle stopping distances may increase. Loss of one braking circuit could compro-mise vehicle stability and significantly increase the risk of an accident.
      In the UAE, 38 vehicles are estimated to be affected by this recall campaign. 
      In the interest of delivering the highest standards of Land Rover quality and customer care, Al Tayer Motors/Premier Motors will begin contacting the affected customers to inform them about this recall and request them to bring in their vehicles to have the front brake pipes inspected and adjusted to the correct clearances, if necessary. If there are any signs of damage to the left hand, right hand or both sides of the front brake pipe, the damaged pipe will be replaced free of charge. 
      For further clarification, customers may contact the
      Al Tayer Motors Customer Care Centre on 800 MOTORS (668677) from 8.00 am to 6.00 pm, Saturday to Thursday.