Adnoc oil change | Best car battery | Best engine oil | Best fuel efficient cars | Best resale value cars | Car detailing | Dubai police fines discount | Salik recharge | Tasjeel comprehensive test |
P0335 | P0170 | P0299 | P200A | P2237 | P2056 | P2251 | P2271 | P2231 | P2253 | P2425 | P0690 | P2253

43 minutes ago, Emmanuel said:

OK... And it’s not referring at all to a LC model ? 

Nope, not at all. That was the best political correct without using many choice word and keeping in respect for Ramadan the description for the driver that can be called a Bu Jasim

As mentioned the most popular name for the LC in the region is Station. 

1 minute ago, Rahimdad said:

I remember PR naming his Land Cruiser as Elsie, much later I realizes that he is referring it to as LC. Hahaha.

Yes took me a while to make that connection myself.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Maybe Emmanuel can compile a neat list on top of this thread for quick reference. What you think Mr. Todays winner....?

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, desertdude said:

Nope, not at all. That was the best political correct without using many choice word and keeping in respect for Ramadan the description for the driver that can be called a Bu Jasim

As mentioned the most popular name for the LC in the region is Station. 

Yes took me a while to make that connection myself.

Oh nooo now I need to change the title of this thread 😱 My mistake. Thanks anyway for these precious informations. 

Any other 4x4 and cars nicknames gents ? 

• Like 1

How about the secrets of Jawaher. Hehehe.

• Haha 1

If someone knows a local nickname for Xterras, I would be glad to hear it. 

I was also asking myself : there are no famous nicknames for Pajeros ? Wranglers ? Cherokees ? Prados ? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Emmanuel said:

If someone knows a local nickname for Xterras, I would be glad to hear it. 

I was also asking myself : there are no famous nicknames for Pajeros ? Wranglers ? Cherokees ? Prados ? 

Xterras : Al Tabaan : The Tired one LOL

on a serious note, these vehicles have no cultural impact on the region what so ever so they are pretty much ignored. 

When was the last time you saw a local shabab driving a Pajero or Xterra. Prados started off well but then were demoted now rarely seen with a Shabab on board. Specially for harakat purposes or off road

Specially after they killed off the SWB V6. And introduction of the FJ. The wranglers and Cherokees really didnt take off with the local crowd until the 2000s. Mostly popular with the expats until then, so they have yet to achieve any iconic status. But unfortunately both wet killed oft and replaced with crappy versions before they could, so doubt they ever will. Not real fans of anything after the XJ and TJ.

Regardless of what happens the Kngs here will always be Neyzan and Station. 

• Like 2

Only heard one Nick name for the xterra. Nothing comes to mind with the Prado. But the ardent Jeep lovers always refer to their Jeeps with the first 2 alphabets their Chasis numbers starts with. So the Wranglers start with the YJ from 1992 to 1997, TJ from 1998 - 2007, JK from 2008 - 2018, JL 2019 onwards. The old Jeep Cherokee is referred to as the XJ. Commander was XK. Jeep Grand Cherokee of the old was the WJ if I'm not wrong. And the newer Cherokee was the KK after which Cherokee became like run of the mill AWD.

• Like 2

DSC_0934.JPG.71abe9dd5b839a3a3dfad4ff038d5ea2.JPG1963073897_FJ45-Front.JPG.af357ac90bfa72d4c988d651411bcf41.JPG

• Like 3
  • Well Done 1

Let me know if their is something for barado too. 😀

Edited by syedyaseer
edit
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Gaurav
      Just like any other sport or hobby, off road driving too has it's own etiquette's. Often times these are not spoken out loud or mentioned in public to not to embarrass anyone.
      If you like to continue off road driving, you should know these basic offroad driving etiquette's and follow them.
      Pay 100% undivided attention to the instructions: Whether it's in briefing or on radio communication while recovering, give your 100% attention and if you cannot due to some incoming call or passenger distraction, ask them to repeat. Most of the instructions are given so that you can drive safely. If you still live in the mobile world or loud music or radio volume turned down, you will miss out on critical safety instruction that can end up breaking your 4x4 or bones, seriously.
        Follow the instruction PRECISELY: From as simple as deflate to 12-14 PSI, drive in HI gear, engage to LO as soon as you get stuck. These instructions have been given to YOU for YOUR safety and enhancing your offroad driving experience. If you deflate to 22 PSI instead of 12, you will have endless refusals, stucks and A/T Transmission & Engine will soon overheat. If you don't engage on LO as soon as you get stuck, you will lose the most critical surface area in which LO gear could have saved the day, rather than toiling in HI gear for first few minutes and making the stuck even more worst for your car.
        Acknowledge the message: Always acknowledge the radio messages as the reliability of radio communication is highly questionable.
        Step out and help: When you are stuck and someone is helping you, it's a BASIC MANNER to step out of your car and help the Marshal or senior member who is helping you. You can help them clearing the sand, fixing the rope or inspect the stuck or plan of recovery. Sitting inside a stuck vehicle and waiting is the worst and most offending thing to do. If someone is helping you to check tire pressure, then step out and observe, how to delate to precise PSI.

Disclaimer: In some 1% tricky angles or situation, if you have a doubt or difficulty to come out, ask the Marshal or senior member: If its safe for you to step out? Please don't assume and sit inside.
        Observe and learn: Every stuck and recovery has a lot to teach. Observe and learn from your stucks and discuss with Marshals how to not to get stuck again in a similar way. If you don't observe and learn you will end up doing the same mistakes over and over again. 
        Learn Vs Serve: All the knowledge and experience are there to help you learn offroading and not just to serve you. So that as soon as you learn, you start practising it and become more capable offroader and be able to help others in the future.
    • By syedyaseer
      @GauravSir i have found in couple of places in your above post, you have mentioned you need to have proper 4X4 and not SUV. Could you please elaborate more on that. Till date i thought or believed that their is no difference between SUV & 4x4. Advance apologies for asking such a basic question here. Just curious to upgrade my knowledge and educate myself on this particular topic.
      Disclaimer: Im not challenging or testing any of the member on their knowledge/skills. In fact i assume myself as uneducated/fresher on such topics.  
    • By Emmanuel
      Having a refusal or getting completely stuck is something nobody should feel guilty about, since it's part of the off-roading game. It’s also an essential experience in your learning. Somehow, as long as you can understand what happened so you won’t repeat the same mistake over and over, it’s a must to improve.
      There are hundreds of reasons why you can get stuck. Some of them don’t directly depend on the driver (it can be related to an engine issue, the terrain, the climate, etc.), while others are just mistakes. Some of them are clear and obvious, others are more unpredictable and difficult to identify…
      As a big fan of @Rahimdad’s What Went Wrong ? thread, it came to my mind that we could simply adapt his brilliant idea by analyzing, not accidents, but stucks, and try to make together a list of all the possible reasons behind them.  
      Please do share here your guesses, explanations... and videos.
      I’ll start easy, with one of my best stucks this year, which happened in Area 53 two weeks ago (I borrowed the footage from @Javier M).
      So... who can tell us why I got stuck here ?  

Stuck_1.mp4
    • By fernandez rivera
      2016 Porsche Cayenne GTS for sale in good condition, I am selling this car for a giveaway price due to relocation, The car is GCC Spec and it is working perfectly and runs on low kilometers. Serious and interested buyers should email me for more information ( [email protected] )

• By Car News
      The Ras Al Khaimah Police have been on a hunt for abandoned vehicles and as a part of their campaign, they have found 31 such vehicles from just one specific area. Talking about the issue, Major Salem Burqiba, head of traffic patrols section stated that the owners of these vehicles will be contacted and asked to remove the car within the next 10 days. If the owner ignores the warning, the vehicle will be impounded and will only be released after the fine has been paid.
      A warning sticker has been stuck on four of these vehicles and the owner has 10 days to remove them. As for the remaining cars, they have been impounded and transferred to the police yard. Major Salem Burqiba further added that some of the vehicles found were completely damaged while others did not have a number plate attached.
      Since leaving vehicles unattended for a long time increases chances for a criminal activity, it is important to have them removed at earliest.
      What are your thoughts about this step taken by the Ras Al Khaimah police? Do share your opinion with us.

Important Information

Terms of use