•  
Advertise here

Need advise- Condenser fan connection- Should it be direct of radiator fan

4 hours ago, RohanH said:

VA10-AP10/C-61A 12V

This is the code on the fan which I bought.

This fan is a puller fan, but with just 12 inch of size as oppose to 16 inch radiator clutch fan (existing). If you kill your radiator fan and install this, your Pajero will overheat even more.

This 12 inch shows 909 cfm, and your 16 inch is delivering from 600 - 3,000 cfm when fully engage at 3k RPM.

You cannot use this fan as a condenser fan too as its a puller and not pusher fan.

1. So if you plan to """""REPLACE"""""" radiator clutch fan with electric fan buy HIGH PERFORMANCE 16 Inch fan, with at least 2,000 and above CFM. Even better with speed controller, to have variable speed as per coolant temperature.

2. If you plan to add additional AC condenser fan to have better AC cooling in stand still traffic + marginal engine cooling while offroading then you need to exchange this fan from puller to pusher. Add next to existing AC condenser fan as in Pajero there is a space for additional 10 - 12 inch size (please check the space, before ordering.

3. HOWEVER, by adding this fan your engine oil cooler (in front of AC condenser) and

4. A/T oil cooler (below AC condenser) still have no change in temperature.
  • WOW (+2) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

12 minutes ago, Gaurav said:

1. If you plan to add additional AC condenser fan to have better AC cooling in stand still traffic + marginal engine cooling while offroading then you need to exchange this fan from puller to pusher. Add next to existing AC condenser fan as in Pajero there is a space for additional 10 - 12 inch size (please check the space, before ordering.

Hi @Gaurav could you pls advice a suitable fan brand for this above purpose. 

If any one have already done this, pls mention the detail of you have been using and its performance will be highly appreciated. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Shiju Manuel said:

Hi @Gaurav could you pls advice a suitable fan brand for this above purpose. 

If any one have already done this, pls mention the detail of you have been using and its performance will be highly appreciated. 

Check the existing space first in your model of Pajero on left side of AC condenser fan.

Then check available Spal fan models for 10 or 12 inch with maximum cfm.

Once you get the fan, buy the harness, relay and switch too, so that any good electrician in Ajman can fix that fan for you. While fixing that fan, insist on metal bracket as some lazy mechanic tie these with cable ties even.

If you get all these by yourself, its better than going to big branded workshop who "TALKS" too much and then fit 100 dhs useless fan for the cost of 500 dhs. This happen with me in my old off-road friend workshop, where they quoted me for HIGH PERFORMANCE, Special  Motor fan and eventually fix 600 cfm, 9 inch fan (120 aed), that made no difference in anything.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Gaurav said:

This fan is a puller fan, but with just 12 inch of size as oppose to 16 inch radiator clutch fan (existing). If you kill your radiator fan and install this, your Pajero will overheat even more.

This 12 inch shows 909 cfm, and your 16 inch is delivering from 600 - 3,000 cfm when fully engage at 3k RPM.

You cannot use this fan as a condenser fan too as its a puller and not pusher fan.

1. So if you plan to """""REPLACE"""""" radiator clutch fan with electric fan buy HIGH PERFORMANCE 16 Inch fan, with at least 2,000 and above CFM. Even better with speed controller, to have variable speed as per coolant temperature.

2. If you plan to add additional AC condenser fan to have better AC cooling in stand still traffic + marginal engine cooling while offroading then you need to exchange this fan from puller to pusher. Add next to existing AC condenser fan as in Pajero there is a space for additional 10 - 12 inch size (please check the space, before ordering.

3. HOWEVER, by adding this fan your engine oil cooler (in front of AC condenser) and

4. A/T oil cooler (below AC condenser) still have no change in temperature.

Thank you Gaurav. I am not changing the radiator fan which you had mentioned in point 1. The new fan will be additional fan as you said in point 2.

Yes, I can feel now days that AC is less cooling when ideal or low speed and even in desert.

I clearly asked the spare part shop that I am looking for fan which pushes air on condenser.  I will get this replaced. How to check if the replaced fan is pusher or puller?

Please suggest is there anything else can be done for A/T oil cooler.

Edited by RohanH
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Gaurav said:

Check the existing space first in your model of Pajero on left side of AC condenser fan.

Then check available Spal fan models for 10 or 12 inch with maximum cfm.

Once you get the fan, buy the harness, relay and switch too, so that any good electrician in Ajman can fix that fan for you. While fixing that fan, insist on metal bracket as some lazy mechanic tie these with cable ties even.

If you get all these by yourself, its better than going to big branded workshop who "TALKS" too much and then fit 100 dhs useless fan for the cost of 500 dhs. This happen with me in my old off-road friend workshop, where they quoted me for HIGH PERFORMANCE, Special  Motor fan and eventually fix 600 cfm, 9 inch fan (120 aed), that made no difference in anything.

Thanks @Gaurav for the details and advice, i will check the space and search the suitable fan accordingly. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, RohanH said:

I clearly asked the spare part shop that I am looking for fan which pushes air on condenser.  I will get this replaced. How to check if the replaced fan is pusher or puller?

Google code and check on spal or amazon site it clearly says puller / pusher / with CFM

1 minute ago, RohanH said:

Please suggest is there anything else can be done for A/T oil cooler.

Adding fan is the best, but its down and due to its weird location its not very easy to add fan. You can increase the air ventilation by moving that cooler little up, right behind the front grill.

@Shiju Manuel here is my fan current setup

Additional 10 Inch Spal Fan - Pusher - 844 CFM (va11ap7/c-57s)

Next to AC Condenser fan

WhatsApp Image 2020-07-26 at 2.01.02 PM.jpeg

9 Inch Engine Oil Cooler

WhatsApp Image 2020-07-26 at 2.01.30 PM.jpeg

Failed experiment, to replace the Pajero stock AC Condensor (12 Inch) fan is a paddle blade that throws more air than 12 Inch Spal, pusher - 938 CFM (va10-ap10/c-61s). So revert to stock, after this failed experiment.

I tried all these numbers with @Frederic Anemometer and settle with stock AC condenser fan + one 10 Inch fan.

WhatsApp Image 2020-07-26 at 2.02.13 PM.jpeg

• Like (+1) 4

Yes got it thanks.

Now I called the store he knowingly gave me this fan and now saying it was out of stock and put it in a reverse way it will work. This type of stores are not at all good, they do anything to sell the item. I am returning it now. Its a total waste of time now. 

Many thanks to you @Gaurav

@Shiju Manuel if you get the push fan please let me know. 

• Like (+1) 1

Hi @RohanH,

Check my earlier post on the Gen 4 Pajero summer mods which for some reason I cannot find anymore ?? @Gaurav

I have the following setup which till now works without any issues;

- extra fan for the a/t cooler connected to the stock condensor fan so when you use the ac the condensor is also on

- extra condensor fan inbetween the a/t oil cooler and condensor next to the stock condensor fan with a button on the dash to turn it on (this also helps when you get the car out of a hot garage to help the ac cool or down quicker)

All fans added with metal brackets as per attached pictures (one with the loose fans for placement one with them all fixed)

B1434FB3-C9F4-4915-B693-5FBD4525ACE7.jpeg

EC62E994-ECDE-4B14-96B9-840B3E42CF8D.jpeg

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1