•  
Advertise here

Advice purchasing a 4x4 in Dubai!

@Gaurav @Rahimdad I have an update question - a family friend has recently now left the country and left me their 2016 Range Rover Sport V8 to sell. They told me I could purchase it from them for a very good price. The car has ground clearance of 8.4 inches, angle of approach 33 degrees, angle of departure 31 degrees, front and rear tow recovery points. For newbie to fewbie level drives, could I use this car for occasional off-road drives? The car has a twin-speed transfer case and low-range gearing, hill descent control, all terrain progress control, crawl control, low traction launch, active rear locking differential, and sand and mud mode. I am aware that if something breaks, it would be expensive to fix, but this question is more about capabilities for a newbie to fewbie driver - obviously, for something that gets offroaded often, it would be better to go for a less luxurious, potentially more robust, easy to fix car!

Edited by redonettii
  • Like (+1) 1

I have done two desert driving course on same identical 2016 RR Sport and I was impressed with its ground clearance and approach angle.

Just for caution, I have asked owner to remove the front and rear plastic center flap that hides the tow point as it was glossy finish to have some scratches from the stones/bushes.

If you drive it sensibly, then it's perfectly fine for newbie level (as I have tested it), but can't say same for fewbie.

lorenzo.jpg

WhatsApp Image 2020-09-16 at 11.28.45 AM (1).jpeg

• Like (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

I agree with @Gaurav bhai. If driven with caution Newbie drives should be fine. However at Fewbie level we do start to get into some technical manoeuvres and this particular ride is untested at that level. Are you feeling adventurous?