Advertise here

ABS and TRACTION CONTROL

Gok Krish

6 hours ago, Rahimdad said:

Not sure about the Prado, but some vehicles require you to keep the button pressed for 10 seconds or more to completely switch off traction control and ABS when 2 lights come on. Check by keeping it pressed for a few seconds and let us know if that works. If not you'll have to figure out the fuse to remove during desert drives or install the kill switch. Be careful while removing or installing the fuse your car should be switched off and your car keys should be removed.

My 2014 Prado requires the traction control switch to be pressed a few seconds to switch off both the traction control and stability control.

Edited by Atif
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

On 11/8/2020 at 1:07 PM, Rahimdad said:

Not sure about the Prado, but some vehicles require you to keep the button pressed for 10 seconds or more to completely switch off traction control and ABS when 2 lights come on. Check by keeping it pressed for a few seconds and let us know if that works. If not you'll have to figure out the fuse to remove during desert drives or install the kill switch. Be careful while removing or installing the fuse your car should be switched off and your car keys should be removed.

I was able to try this today in our drive. By pressing few seconds it switches off both traction control and ABS and it does not limit the rpm of engine anymore.

Very useful and good advice, @Rahimdad and @Atif!

Thank you ! Now it was pleasure to drive.

Edited by Tero Vallas
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

22 minutes ago, Tero Vallas said:

I was able to try this today in our drive. By pressing few seconds it switches off both traction control and ABS and it does not limit the rpm of engine anymore.

Very useful and good advice, @Rahimdad and @Atif!

Thank you ! Now it was pleasure to drive.

@Tero Vallas, by the way, I somehow feel that ABS doesn’t fully cut off as I occasionally hear the sound but no doubt switching the TRC and the Stability Control makes an immediate difference. I had the same issue on the first drive and not till @Rahimdad Bhai conveyed the 10 second trick did I know about the two functions from the same button. Will read up a bit more about the way ABS is affected by the two functions. In the  meanwhile if any on Carnity have the knowledge to share, please  do.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

2 hours ago, Atif said:

@Tero Vallas, by the way, I somehow feel that ABS doesn’t fully cut off as I occasionally hear the sound but no doubt switching the TRC and the Stability Control makes an immediate difference. I had the same issue on the first drive and not till @Rahimdad Bhai conveyed the 10 second trick did I know about the two functions from the same button. Will read up a bit more about the way ABS is affected by the two functions. In the  meanwhile if any on Carnity have the knowledge to share, please  do.

Ok, I did not observe ABS activation in this drive, but I'll test it in next one.

• Like (+1) 1

• 3 months later...

If I am not wrong, in my JK, I can only switch off the TRC. I have it off always when driving in the sand and it works well, the problem is, when the car stalls or I stop the engine, I have to remember to switch it on again, apart from I don't switch off anything else that might help as I am reading. Do you think a switch kill will help the behavior of the car Vs what I am doing so far? Any reliable garage to do it? price? Jeepers asked me for 850 aed + VAT. Do you think it is worth it to go to the agency? mine is not under warranty anymore.

• Like (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use