Advertise here

Subwoofer options for an FJ Cruiser

Niki

15 minutes ago, Niki Patel said:

Lol @Frederic ... I have a worrying feeling the sub is going to arrive as my bass obsession seems obvious :) (at least you called out hip hop and not 80’s power ballads as my listening preference) 

I was just hoping a little more from the 8” in the front via the amp however I had some horrible eq setting without the amp so need to re-educate my ears to a well tuned set up.  

thanks again for the guidance here... 100% the right choice to add the amp! 

If you think off-roading is addictive, try installing your first Subwoofer and re-listen to all your old albums that you were suspecting to have a serious amount of bass. Soon you’ll be doing like I did and going for two 18” Rockford Subs with a few thousands of Watts, additional battery and capacitors, and spending your weekends meeting up with friends to swap Bass tune test tracks (I used to have these IASCA test CDs in which every track consisted of a different frequency: 

1) 20 hz for 30 seconds

2) 21 hz for 30 seconds

and so on 🤣

• WOW (+2) 2

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

😱🤯 if I start going down this path please stop me before it’s too late and I spend my kids school fees on this!! That’s one incredible setup and addiction!  Would have loved to have experienced that! 

2 minutes ago, Frederic said:

I cannot wait to try this in the car tomorrow!! In the family car it has an awesome Meridian system and will test it out with this! 

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Niki Patel said:

😱🤯 if I start going down this path please stop me before it’s too late and I spend my kids school fees on this!! That’s one incredible setup and addiction!  Would have loved to have experienced that! 

That was 144 Decibels of pure addiction.  Nothing compared to my friend who had 6 12” Subs built into a tiny Peugeot 205 and crossed the 150db regularly and won quite some prices. All driven by one Lanzar Mono block amplifier that went down to 1ohm (6 Subs all connected in parallel). 
Imagine standing at a stadium concert in front of one of the speakers, that’s the closest explanation I could give. We drove around with 3M headphones on 😅

511AA6F5-0545-4FE2-A2C3-416B17438A71.jpeg

• WOW (+2) 2

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

8 minutes ago, Frederic said:

That was 144 Decibels of pure addiction.  Nothing compared to my friend who had 6 12” Subs built into a tiny Peugeot 205 and crossed the 150db regularly and won quite some prices. All driven by one Lanzar Mono black amplifier that went down to 1ohm (6 Subs all connected in parallel). 
Imagine standing at a stadium concert in front of one of the speakers, that’s the closest explanation I could give. We drove around with 3M headphones on 😅

511AA6F5-0545-4FE2-A2C3-416B17438A71.jpeg

That is xxxxtreme !! And I lol about the 3m headphones!!! 

these pics makes me nostalgic about the 90’s and hot hatches ... I loved my Peugeot 306 (even though it was a diesel 🤣🤣) ... those were simpler days being a kid in Europe...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1