COVID 19 Compliant - Absolute Newbie Morning Desert Drive - Al Qudra - Dubai - 25 Dec 2020

Wrangeld

1 hour ago, camel dxb said:

hi,@Wrangeld, I drove in desert long time before, my pajero is 3.0 V6 engine

Perfect. See you tomorrow

• Like (+1) 1

Hi @Wrangeld

I just got the intro video and watched it. It seems that we do not have some of the gear you indicated as indispensable and not sharable :-) So the solution will be that we will drop off from the tour this morning and aiming at joining you next Friday  - to get the stuff needed in the meantime. Told you: ABSOLUTE newbie :-) Hope that is fine with you.

Have fun this morning and see you in a week's time!

Stay safe

Piotr
  • Like (+1) 2

‘Twas the night before Christmas, when all thro’ the house,

Not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse;

The car key were hung by the front door with care,

In hopes that the morning would soon would be there;

The drivers were nestled all snug in their beds,

While visions of sand and dunes danc’d in their heads,

And Mama in her ‘hijab, and I in my cap,

Had just settled our brains for a short night’s nap-

When out on the lawn there arose such a clatter,

I sprang from the bed to see what was the matter.

Away to the window I flew like a flash,

Tore open the shutters, and threw up the sash.

The moon on the sight of what could not be snow,

Gave the lustre of mid-day to objects below;

When, what to my wondering eyes should appear,

But a minature jeep, and and a Ford 150 Ranger,

With a lovely pretty driver, so lively and wan,

I knew in a moment it must be Marjan.

More rapid than eagles more drivers they came,

Wrangeld, Osvaldo, Camel DXB and Dodi was his name:

They sprung to their cars, no fears of stucks in their ears,

Drving incredibly, like they had all done it for years

Then I heard them exclaim, before they drove out of sight-

Happy Christmas to all, and to all a good night.

What an Xmas present from @Osvaldo Porto @Dodi Syahdar and @camel dxb with, as ever, incredible suppport from @Jeepie. I am going to admit, I took advvantage of you all today and we drove longer and possibly a harder route than I would have normally on an Absolute Newbie drive: but you guys were amazing. 

A short convoy sometimes works in our favour and that was how it worked out today. Even tough it was the frist drive, all of the new drivers learned what to do and how to control the cars so quickly that I felt no worry about making the drive more tecnical and going to areas where normally you would not take a newbie drive - because I really wanted to find some routes not churned up by all the traffic in the desert at the moment. 

We started our adventure by working our way to the long range dunes that you reach normally from the Lisali direction. This was more challenging because we were effectively going backwards and negotiating a little against the slip face, but everyone maanged that. From there we made our way all the way from the wonderful vantage point we found high in the dunes (where we could see "the Chimney" and the "Witches Hat") to Solar Park and the Wondeful Harry Potter Tribute - perhaps it's not officially known as that, but I am sticking to my story. 

At Solar Park we turned West in the direction of Bab Al Shams and drove West to avoid the consrtuction works taking place on the pylon line and then turned back North toward Last Exit and the Hamari Well. 

It's sometimes asked how we navigate on these drives. Do we have a map ready with the route? Are the drives al planned in advance so you know where you are going. Today, the answer for sure was, no. It was all going to depend on the ability of the of the drivers, my capability to lead a route that could be driven and @Jeepies ability to coach and help any driver that found themselves in a bit of trouble. 

Of course we had a few refusals along the way and the shovels came out, but nothing serious that we could not quickly handle and nothing that took away any of the massive pleasure that we had on our drive today. 

Thanks to all of you. Have a wonderful rest of the day and I look forward to seeing you soon in the sand.   

• Like (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 3

Thank you verymuch for great assistance and guide provided by you and Marian. It was a memorable experience and inspired me to continue the journey.... thank you very much and look forward to join another newbie trip with Carnity.

Edited by Dodi Syahdar
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1

On Christmas Day, I was very happy to meet Richard and Marian . I was late for more than half an hour because I got lost in the morning, but I was lucky that everyone hadn’t left yet. I was also very lucky to meet such a group of helpful people.  partner.

The second self-driving sand sprinting was different from the first time. This sprinting was more exciting and exciting, but there were also embarrassing moments, because the soft sand made the car stuck in the desert several times, but with everyone’s help  Also came out smoothly

I also learned a lot in this sand rushing, such as how to avoid getting stuck in the sand, and how to get out of it when stuck. Of course, I still need help when I get stuck too deep. Of course, there are still many equipment to buy.  Thank you very much for your help and the guidance of Richard and Marian I have learned a lot of experience.

At the end,I want to thanks everyone for your help and this wonderful encounter, Merry Christmas

• Like (+1) 2

Important Information

Terms of use