New/Different Types of Drives

1 minute ago, Goutam said:

This channel what i reminded of, and came here to tell reading the first post. They are Saudis and many of them get them self bogged in a difficult place and then try to recover one by one, it goes on for hours if you have seen it. Crazy people if you ask me.

This channel in particular belongs to a professional certified team in KSA that provides off road rescues, and they do these challenges in their spare time. They speak in Arabic but they provide very valid insights about how to get unstuck if you are alone

• Like (+1) 2

As i said good idea ..how practical it is to arrange specifically is something team can advice. 

I have been on some drives with low number of drivers, where we did quite a bit of trials n experiments.....one of the drives with Chaitnya, we deliberately got the cars stuck and in one of the drives with Ale, drivers individually tried some obstacles repeatedly. 

Things related to vehicle - lowering down PSI on a specific drive or deciding that on specific day i want to go up on Superbowl or up faya with different approach is something I believe marshals always support if volunteered (just we ourselves need to be prepared that we might not do it properly) ...plus we can ourselves always plan few drives out of general drives to experiment..

Of course j am in for any such drives ..

• Like (+1) 3

31 minutes ago, Goutam said:

many of them get them self bogged in a difficult place and then try to recover one by one, it goes on for hours

This is what we do in carnity recovery master class as well. But to practice to that level on regular drives is not possible unless we are struck that bad on drives and have luxury of time. During drives if we spend maximum 5-10 min on a struck self recovery is a luxury, we tend to give a tug or winch out and get recovered asap. I understand self recovery in extreme situations is the core skill to be attained after being in this sport specifically after taking the master class. If at all we are in any such situation these experience will be handy or even life saving one. We cant go alone in deep desert and try all these. When we are in such a lovely group it is better to give it a try so that we have a helping hand and it is safe as well. Expensive adventure sport like this, what we drive can be crazy to few others, its there perspective and might not be their cup of tea, so we cant generalize that as crazy. I believe being reckless and practicing extreme things in controlled environment are different things.

• Like (+1) 3

Important Information

Terms of use