New/Different Types of Drives

Not sure if this topic was brought up in Carnity in the past, or what the Carnity's Crew members think about it.

Just wondering if we had or thought of doing a different type of Drives which are open to all levels or Fewbie levels at least and above, in which we choose a difficult spot and try to tackle it one after the other more than once, where we tend to test the capabilities of each car , trying to cross it with or without activating the diff lock, low vs high range gear, testing different tire pressures etc.. Maybe testing the effectiveness of each 4 wheel system and how each car reacts to different scenarios etc. Getting stuck on purpose and trying to get the cars out without having to worry about holding the whole convoy behind you.

Usually on drives, whenever we pass through a difficult area and the sand gets churned we tend to reroute, so the chances to trying your car's and your driving capabilities aren't that high unless you are the car that got stuck.

Watching youtube videos, you find a lot of interesting challenges that can be made.

I'm interested to hear your thoughts about it.

@Gaurav @Rahimdad, @Frederic @Srikumar

• Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Lawrence i think this is already being done in most of the newbie and fewbie drives as Varun has mentioned above. It depends on the convoy and the speed at which it moves where it gives the Marshals time to decide how much time can be given in the play area. 

My personnel experience has been very good (simpler car also i suppose) but i have always asked the question and Marshals have been more than happy to help, guide and assist in whichever way they can, rest is up to us to try and experiment capabilities of our car and mostly ourselves 🤣 (with safety being first priority for us and co drivers).

• Like (+1) 2

@N@ved @varunmehndiratta, what I'm looking for is opposite than what we do in the play area where we see how much high we can go with more momentum, this is easy just floor it before the you start the climb and once you loose momentum steer down.

The things I was seeing, is stopping in a middle of a hill and climbing again, most of the times your axle won't be straight, as it is not a smooth hill. Finding soft patches and stopping in them and getting out, the main idea is to find the optimum traction, etc... there are tens of things that can challenge you.

We don't do these in any drives, for example if we find a soft patch we just push more to pass it as quick as possible, or reroute. 

• Like (+1) 1

@Lawrence_Chehimi Technical challenge by Richard some time ago was one of those where everyone was getting stuck in the small technical dunes (regardless the level of expertise or car this was a marathon of a drive and tons to learn), CrisCrossing with Ale recently (just a few that i have attended). From time to time you will see these challenging ones come up.

Stopping in the middle of the hill and climbing up again could be catastrophic, only safe way is to get unstuck and reverse down (in my opinion, no expert to suggest or recommend), been there done that a few times.

I hear you buddy, what you want is to be in a difficult situation and learn how to come out of there. As you rightly posted its for the marshals and senior members who are best suited to answer that.    

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Lawrence_Chehimi said:

Not sure if this topic was brought up in Carnity in the past, or what the Carnity's Crew members think about it.

Just wondering if we had or thought of doing a different type of Drives which are open to all levels or Fewbie levels at least and above, in which we choose a difficult spot and try to tackle it one after the other more than once, where we tend to test the capabilities of each car , trying to cross it with or without activating the diff lock, low vs high range gear, testing different tire pressures etc.. Maybe testing the effectiveness of each 4 wheel system and how each car reacts to different scenarios etc. Getting stuck on purpose and trying to get the cars out without having to worry about holding the whole convoy behind you.

Usually on drives, whenever we pass through a difficult area and the sand gets churned we tend to reroute, so the chances to trying your car's and your driving capabilities aren't that high unless you are the car that got stuck.

Watching youtube videos, you find a lot of interesting challenges that can be made.

I'm interested to hear your thoughts about it.

@Gaurav @Rahimdad, @Frederic @Srikumar

This will be really good to experiment, m sure might not be possible on regular drives or not possible to try few things even on newbie drive, but can be done as a separate drive which we can request for and hopefully it is organized based on the demand. Possibly we can even record ever ones drive on maximum possible angles to see the approach, descent, sloping, momentum, fishtailing etc to analyze and correct that and try same stunt multiple times to refine our skills and understand our car much better!!!! I am in for it. Even once in a month or two will also help.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

I'm looking for a drive that we don't cover many Kms, we can just go to a tough technical place even if it is 2 Km from the road.

We spend two hours and return back. we can on purpose churn up the sand, and start trying our vehicles limits, finding the slowest speed to cross, trying it on different tire pressures, we can even go as low as 6 psi just to get out, in case we encountered such thing one day in desert.. maybe try to deflate from 14 to 12 then to 10 and see how much difference does it do on a certain situation.

Check how the difflock can actually help and when it doesn't on your own car, and check how effective it is, some difflocks won't make any difference as they don't really lock.

If we find a soft patch of sand it would be even better, where everybody gets the chance to stop and try to get out of it.

I don't know there are many things that we can do and learn.

Not sure if you guys are getting what I'm looking for?

I've reached intermediate level and only got the chance to use the shovel twice, i won't be holding off a newbie convoy just to get stuck on purpose or just to try some of the options in my car.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

1 hour ago, Lawrence_Chehimi said:

below link is just an example, you can forward to min 3:00 or 7:30.

this channel have loads of challenges they do

I love these guys. Specially when they put 12 cars in a bowl  and get them all stuck 😂😂

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Lawrence_Chehimi said:

below link is just an example, you can forward to min 3:00 or 7:30.

this channel have loads of challenges they do

This channel what i reminded of, and came here to tell reading the first post. They are Saudis and many of them get them self bogged in a difficult place and then try to recover one by one, it goes on for hours if you have seen it. Crazy people if you ask me.

don't drive like its your last one.

Important Information

Terms of use