•  

COVID 19 Compliant - Morning Fewbie Plus Desert Drive - Murquab Triangle - Dubai - 20 Jul 2021

Wrangeld

his drive is organized in full compliance with the COVID19 guidelines. We expect every member that joins this drive to go through below information and strictly follow these guidelines.

MUST READ AND TOTALLY AGREE: 

Drive Details

Level:  Fewbie plus and above 

Meeting time: 4:30 AM (SHARP - Without any exceptions)

Meeting Point: https://goo.gl/maps/REypXNsCxy1S2cMR8

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), smiles, face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 9:00 AM

P.S. Only join if you have a compressor to inflate your tires after the drive.

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE:

• Limited to 12 cars maximum. RSVP will close on Wednesday - 9 AM.
    • If the RSVP is full and you wish to join, please mention your name on the drive thread to add on the waiting list
  • Latecomers will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members that do not confirm the terms of the COVID requirements will be removed from the RSVP list.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

PLEASE RSVP ON THE CALENDAR 

• Gaurav changed the title to COVID 19 Compliant - Morning Fewbie Plus Desert Drive - Murquab Triangle - Dubai - 20 Jul 2021
Great to know we will be getting together tomorrow morning. 

The drive idea? Start in the dark at Murquab Mosque and make our way through some of the long range dunes on offer and then attack the technical 'light' before we hit the Sheikh Zayed sandway. Last time we made it to here, we could not take full advantage of this Baja section.

We will then have the choice to turn into one of the super technical sections that trap the best of drivers or into a complex of dunes that give the chance to sweep and swoop, ridge ride and side slip ... or both. 

As we get to Qudra, we will make our way to Last Exit, time permitting, through a set of soft dunes where the most adventurous normally do not  venture. 

Or not ...

Bottom line, tomorrow morning is about holiday fun. Challenging but not ridiculous, fast but not furious, demanding but not dangerous. 

@Jeepie and myself are looing forward to seeing you there. 

Convoy list and start point to be published within the hour. 
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

17 minutes ago, Lakshmi Narasimhan said:

@Wrangeld can you please add me to wait list for second drive for the week!!!

There is no waitlist as the drive is tomorrow. 

I will add you.

• Like (+1) 3

24 minutes ago, Wrangeld said:
Great to know we will be getting together tomorrow morning. 

The drive idea? Start in the dark at Murquab Mosque and make our way through some of the long range dunes on offer and then attack the technical 'light' before we hit the Sheikh Zayed sandway. Last time we made it to here, we could not take full advantage of this Baja section.

We will then have the choice to turn into one of the super technical sections that trap the best of drivers or into a complex of dunes that give the chance to sweep and swoop, ridge ride and side slip ... or both. 

As we get to Qudra, we will make our way to Last Exit, time permitting, through a set of soft dunes where the most adventurous normally do not  venture. 

Or not ...

Bottom line, tomorrow morning is about holiday fun. Challenging but not ridiculous, fast but not furious, demanding but not dangerous. 

@Jeepie and myself are looing forward to seeing you there. 

Convoy list and start point to be published within the hour. 

Sounds very exiting Richard @Wrangeld. Looking forward, see you and rest of the gang tomorrow morning.

• Like (+1) 3

Hi All, 

Location for start has been added. The EPPCO on the E66 is the last gas station before the drive. 

Convoy numbers as below. 

image.png.69566a926d6a9a502c60fcd53ae65e20.png

As I have had terrible interference on all my drives recently we will use the NEW CARNITY CHANNEL 10. 

See you in the morning. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 2

Important Information

Terms of use