•  
Advertise here

Through Wadi Sena

Looper

Disclaimer: My knowledge on the off-roading is quite limited and one must take advice from more experienced members before attempting such activities.

Yesterday I drove through the mountain road of Wadi Sena. It is a paved dirt road (kuchha road)  through the mountains. I came across just one car during the cross which came from the opposite side, but I presume in winter it would be quite busy. AWD car could cross it, but I think 4x4 would be recommended preferably on a AT tyres since the path is littered with rocks. The temperature hovered around 43 degrees C and I put my car in 4WD Auto and began my drive. I crossed the trail less than hour and easily. When I planned the trip, I was not aware of the altitude gain, but was in for a big surprise at the beginning of the trail itself.

This is the Link to my path I took

804596236_Screenshot2021-08-07at10_18_34AM.png.30702bebd813e9daccff77eeaf2c10b4.png978C124A-DBD3-49A3-BA74-9C02B030DB85.JPG.e98cc7c454d482df9554b469ca2f13b9.JPG

• Like (+1) 2
  • WOW (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

don't drive like its your last one.

Thanks for sharing this. Will definitely attempt it on an early AM next week.

If you're keen to do a steep ascent, check out the Jebel Yibir climb too. It's a paved road so most cars can take it but my brakes were screaming for help coming down. There is a military checkpost at the top (EID, DL & Registration) which was easy to get through. You can return back down and route through Wadi Shrayeb.

• Like (+1) 2

45 minutes ago, munkybizness said:

Thanks for sharing this. Will definitely attempt it on an early AM next week.

If you're keen to do a steep ascent, check out the Jebel Yibir climb too. It's a paved road so most cars can take it but my brakes were screaming for help coming down. There is a military checkpost at the top (EID, DL & Registration) which was easy to get through. You can return back down and route through Wadi Shrayeb.

@munkybizness thanks for the info. In fact my plan was to cross on to the other side and do the the Jebel Yibir as well part of the same trip. My trail ends at the beginning of Jable Yibir road. But I could not start early enough, and did not want to go there after sunset.

• Like (+1) 1

Half of the drive was crossing the hill, after that it was just kucha road. Do remember I had to drive for 3 hours to and fro for an hour of drive, as @Chinthaka Ruwan says, overnight trip perhaps is a good idea if one is not fond of just driving. I love driving, even on normal roads, so not a problem for me. 

• Like (+1) 2