•  

Absolute Newbie Desert Drive - Al Qudra - Dubai - 05 Nov 2021

Frederic

@Jean Jarjoura

Welcome to Carnity Offroad Club !

As this will be your first drive with us, i would like to ask you the following things:

1) Please introduce yourselves a bit: which 4x4 are you bringing, do you have any prior experience, and please confirm that your car has front and rear towpoints that are in good condition as well.

2) Please bring at the minimum a pressure gauge with tyre deflator, and air compressor to the drive this Friday, so you can deflate the tyres when you arrive, and re-inflate them again after the drive.  If you have an offroad flag, programmed radio, and other equipment already then of course you are welcome to bring them along. 

3) Please watch the Absolute Newbie Briefing video with your full attention. This one covers most of the basics and will definitely help you in being more comfortable for your first offroad drive.

MUST WATCH: NEWBIE VIDEO BRIEFING

Some more useful tutorials:

If you have any questions prior to the drive, you can use this drive topic to post them. We will do our best to help you out.

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Good Morning Frederic,

Thank You for your Post, Its my pleasure to go in this experience with you and the team.

My Name is Ahmed Abdelsalam I own GMC Sierra Truck AT4  2021 (Black), This will be my first ever drive in the desert , My Truck has front and rear towpoints that are in good condition as well.

I also have the needed gear (pressure gauge with tyre deflator, and air compressor) .

I have a radio that recommended from your side but I still need to program it to be ready for the ride .

I noticed the other post you sent before on how to program the radio and I will follow the steps to make it all ready before the Friday ride. 

I purchased the flag just yesterday and will make it ready before the Friday Experience.

I will make sure to watch the video posted above for complete awareness before the Morning Ride.

Cannot wait to see you all .

Thank you

Ahmed 

• Well Done (+2) 3

@Rob Soughton
Welcome to Carnity Offroad Club !

As this will be your first drive with us, i would like to ask you the following things:

1) Please introduce yourselves a bit: which 4x4 are you bringing, do you have any prior experience, and please confirm that your car has front and rear towpoints that are in good condition as well.

2) Please bring at the minimum a pressure gauge with tyre deflator, and air compressor to the drive this Friday, so you can deflate the tyres when you arrive, and re-inflate them again after the drive.  If you have an offroad flag, programmed radio, and other equipment already then of course you are welcome to bring them along. 

3) Please watch the Absolute Newbie Briefing video with your full attention. This one covers most of the basics and will definitely help you in being more comfortable for your first offroad drive.

If you have any questions prior to the drive, you can use this drive topic to post them. We will do our best to help you out.

Good morning,

@Ahmad Mehwi

Hi, 

Are essential newbie gears necessary for this absolute newbie drive as well?

Do you have a recommendation for the shovel, something available on Amazon would be really nice.

And do you have any idea where we can get Viking kinetic rope and soft shackle bundle?

Thanks

Serhat 

17 minutes ago, Serhat Yalcinkaya said:

Hi, 

Are essential newbie gears necessary for this absolute newbie drive as well?

Do you have a recommendation for the shovel, something available on Amazon would be really nice.

And do you have any idea where we can get Viking kinetic rope and soft shackle bundle?

Thanks

Serhat 

Hi @Serhat Yalcinkaya

For your first Absolute Newbie drive we only ask to bring a deflator, pressure gauge, and compressor. Once you have completed that drive you will automatically become a Newbie level driver and then the following items are mandatory:

1) Offroad Flag

2) Two-Way radio, programmed to our frequencies.

3) Pressure gauge, deflator compressor.

4) A decent full size shovel. You will find those in Speedex or Ace, or even Dragon Mart for about 35dhs.

Kinetic ropes and soft shackles are not needed on Newbie level, only from Intermediate level onwards, so you still have more than enough time to look into those later.

1 minute ago, Frederic said:

Hi @Serhat Yalcinkaya

For your first Absolute Newbie drive we only ask to bring a deflator, pressure gauge, and compressor. Once you have completed that drive you will automatically become a Newbie level driver and then the following items are mandatory:

1) Offroad Flag

2) Two-Way radio, programmed to our frequencies.

3) Pressure gauge, deflator compressor.

4) A decent full size shovel. You will find those in Speedex or Ace, or even Dragon Mart for about 35dhs.

Kinetic ropes and soft shackles are not needed on Newbie level, only from Intermediate level onwards, so you still have more than enough time to look into those later.

Thanks Frederic, very helpful.  See you on Friday.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

@ahmed salama @ayra Shihab @Yasin @Jean Jarjoura@Rob Soughton

Hello ,

I'm Driving a Hummer H3 , I do not have that much of Experience on the sand , willing to learn from you 

as for the equipment mentions available would like to know the Frequencies on the radio to keep a Track 

thank you and see you on Friday . 

13 minutes ago, Jean Jarjoura said:

Hello ,

I'm Driving a Hummer H3 , I do not have that much of Experience on the sand , willing to learn from you 

as for the equipment mentions available would like to know the Frequencies on the radio to keep a Track 

thank you and see you on Friday . 

Hi @Jean Jarjoura

please find the frequencies in below post:

https://carnity.com/advice/offroad/carnity-two-way-radio-frequencies-r119

Important Information

Terms of use