•  
Advertise here

Carnity's Spectacular Off-Road Adventure Videos

Looper

10 minutes ago, DP1011 said:

I love this @Zed - Key moments ! way to quickly go and learn ! ( Perhaps for @Looper for further enhancements for lazy ppl like me, who take time to look at these when relaxed, but when you added key moments, you got the curiosity take its course ! )  

You can put it in the comments section, it will also time stamp them to click and see, that's a neat feature on YouTube.

@DP1011 added them as comments on the YouTube videos. Thanks @Zed for the putting the time stamps and giving the idea.

One more key moment in the 2nd video is when i got stuck in a bowl just behand @GauravSoni about 5:09. I need to change my tires; they don't have the same grip that I am used to and expect from them. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • WOW (+2) 2

don't drive like its your last one.

• 2 weeks later...

We had an incredible drive last week at Tawi Nazwa. The drive was abbreviated to TNT because I knew it is going to be a 💥!! Of course, being a fast-paced drive there was hardly any photography done during the drive and hardly any photos were posted to the gallery. But, thanks to @Benjamin & @DP1011 we have a couple of great videos to relive that exciting drive. Normally when you see driving videos the pace looks slower than the actual speed one would have experienced. However, in this drive it was incredible to see the speed at which everyone was driving.

The first video is by @Benjamin who recorded the drive from the 2nd lead position of the Plan B convoy.

The second video is by me. I am experimenting a bit in this video. It is in an ultra-wide aspect ratio plus I have divided the entire vidoe into many chapters that you can view. Do let me know in the comments of video how did you like it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • WOW (+2) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

I present to you my latest video which from last week's Fewbie Plus drive at Al Fayah, Abu Dhabi. My videos are best enjoyed on a TV rather than phone or computer screens and this one more so.

I was finding it difficult to use phone for recording on my Insta360 X3 action camera while leading the drive as well, so I got myself a remote. The side benefit of the remote is that it records the GPS data to the video as well. Well a phone does to but it was buggy. I was able to add few widgets with Telemetry Overlay on the video. This was the first time I used the camera mount bracket attached to the flagpole mount.

I hope you enjoy the video, it is a musical as well - and if you do, as all You-Tubers say: Like and Subscribe ☺️

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

On 9/22/2023 at 9:39 AM, Looper said:

I present to you my latest video which from last week's Fewbie Plus drive at Al Fayah, Abu Dhabi. My videos are best enjoyed on a TV rather than phone or computer screens and this one more so.

I was finding it difficult to use phone for recording on my Insta360 X3 action camera while leading the drive as well, so I got myself a remote. The side benefit of the remote is that it records the GPS data to the video as well. Well a phone does to but it was buggy. I was able to add few widgets with Telemetry Overlay on the video. This was the first time I used the camera mount bracket attached to the flagpole mount.

I hope you enjoy the video, it is a musical as well - and if you do, as all You-Tubers say: Like and Subscribe ☺️

Great edit @Looper!!!

• Like (+1) 2

• 3 weeks later...

Friday, 29th Sep 2023 there was an Advisor "Yalla Push" drive at Al Badayer posted by @Hisham Masaad. In this post I share with you 3 videos.

I have not added any music to these videos, because my current mounting solution for the action camera does not add a lot of wind noise which was an irritant when the action camera was mounted on the side of the windows with suction cups. The sweet sweet sound of @Simon D's V6 is mostly what you will hear in the videos.

You will find that I have overlayed telemetry data in these videos, courtesy of the new gps remote. The new generation gps remote seems to work pretty nicely. The first video does not have elevation data because it did not seem correct to me, but the rest were pretty good.

Last video is my favourite because of the fresh new dunes @Hisham Masaad took us though which frankly is a rarity in that area. As every YouTuber says Subscribe to the channel and Smash That Like Button. 😅

Video 1 (3:10)

Video 2 (10:01)

Video 3 (12:02)

• Like (+1) 1
  • WOW (+2) 1

• 2 weeks later...

On Sunday 24th September we went on a Fewbie drive at Qudra. It was a rerun of a drive I did few week earlier. I made a couple of videos till now and ask for your comments on the formatting. In the first video I have reframed it (in FCPX for the first time) and layered it with telemetry data. The second video is done in 360 format but did it with and without telemetry as it seemed to me that the telemetry is a bit distracting in 360 format. I had posted 360 videos earlier as well but they were not processed in FCPX so that’s another first. Please check them out and leave your comments in YouTube about what you liked or dislikes about them. It being a FB drive in a technical area it is not a fast paced drive.

Part 1

Part 2 with telemetry 

Part 2 without telemetry

Obviously I will be talking more about the entire workflow in coming days.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

One more drive video, one more experiment. In this video I have mimicked Jump Cuts with a single clip by cutting the video and changing the angle and FOV. It now looks like as if I had many different takes of the action from diffent angles. Earlier I used to export diffent angles and use either multicam which was slightly more efficient to cut but resource hungry than layering one over above another to do the effect. Now using a 360 video in Final Cut I can do the same with so much less time and processing resources. Post video export I observed that FCPX likes 90 degrees but Insta360 doesn’t. Enjoy some music while you watch the video.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 2

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I was able to capture @DP1011's maiden fewbie drive as lead at Lisaili, hope you will enjoy it. Do leave your comments on the YouTube website.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 4

Video 1: You will see us starting from Badayer towards Iftar Bowl. It is a bumpy ride, marred with cross tracks. 

------

Video 2: In this fast paced drive video, you will see us drive from Iftar Bowl to Super Bowl in about 13 mins.

- - - - - 

Video 3: We start from Super Bowl towards Shuwaib Dunes. This video is released last.

------

Video 4: This is the last video and shows our retreat from Shuwaib dunes towards Badayer.

Edited by Looper
Updated & Reordered Videos
  • Like (+1) 2

• Looper pinned this topic