•  

Afternoon Newbie Desert Drive - Scenic Trails of the Three Emirates - Sharjah - 15th July 2023

Frederic

DRIVE DESCRIPTION

Considering the scorching temperatures, this will be a gentle overlanding / desert drive throughout the various terrain Sharjah, Umm al Quwain, and RAK has to offer. Bring your camera and let's explore together !

libsa.JPG.094d31f69660bdb79e6fa73fe3e32dc1.JPG

We request every member that joins this drive to go through the below information and strictly follow these guidelines, etiquettes and responsibilities.

MUST READ AND COMPLY

First time with Carnity Off-road Club:

• Please share your vehicle details - Make, Model, Color, and Year.
  • Do you have any prior off-road experience? If yes, pls share details.
  • Confirm your vehicle has front and rear tow hooks/eyelets.
  • Advise if you don’t have a programable radio and safety flag.
  • MUST WATCH: NEWBIE VIDEO BRIEFING

DRIVE DETAILS

Level:  Absolute Newbie, Newbie and above

When:  15 thJuly 2023, Saturday

Meeting time:  4:00 PM - Sharp (Without any exceptions)

Meeting Point: Batayeh Farm Track: https://goo.gl/maps/wVRWfBhKKidwhzCy5

Approximate finish time: 8:00 PM approx

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), smiles, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Mandatory off-road gears: Tire deflator, tire pressure gauge, compressor, walkie-talkie radio, off-road flag, shovel, first-aid kit and fire extinguisher.

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE

• This drive is limited to 12 cars only.
  • If the RSVP is full, you can add your name to the waitlist, once anyone drops, you will be moved to the RSVP list.
  • RSVP will close a day prior to preparing a convoy list.
  • Latecomers will be returned back - Without any exceptions.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - Without any exceptions.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

PLEASE RSVP ON THE CALENDAR 

• Like (+1) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Hi @Haneef Thayyil - Welcome to Carnity !!

Currently you are on Waiting list and I see this will be your first drive ( if your WL is confirmed either 1. upon extension of convoy which is Drive lead's decision taking into consideration drive technical level and convoy length/support   OR  2. some members dropping) , in the mean time, as mentioned in details of this drive , 

Can you please confirm on below : 

• Confirm you have essential minimum gears  to start off with - 1. Off road flag , 2. Two way programmable radio 3. Deflator to deflate tyres upon arrival and 4. Compressor to inflate after the drive. 
  • MUST WATCH: NEWBIE VIDEO BRIEFING https://youtu.be/hP-2ah4Eyek 

• Like (+1) 1

Guys, unfortunately been called in to work on Saturday... :( exiting the drive (sure my replacement is happy - enjoy!) :) - wish i was there and hope it super fun! Did the previous scenic trip and it was spectacular! 

7 minutes ago, Abhilash Kottakkal said:

Hii Team,

I hope I can join you guys tomorrow for my first drive. Do let me know If some one drops out. And can come there incase there is a no show I can join??

Hi @Abhilash Kottakkal - Welcome to Carnity !!

Currently you are on Waiting list and I see this will be your first drive ( if your WL is confirmed either 1. upon extension of convoy which is Drive lead's decision taking into consideration drive technical level and convoy length/support   OR  2. some members dropping) , The convoy list will be published here by today evening most likely and if you are in that list as confirmed attendee, you can join, if not, I guess would be few days of wait :) 

however, in the mean time, as mentioned in details of this drive  Can you please confirm on below : 

• Confirm you have essential minimum gears  to start off with - 1. Off road flag , 2. Two way programmable radio 3. Deflator to deflate tyres upon arrival and 4. Compressor to inflate after the drive. 
  • MUST WATCH: NEWBIE VIDEO BRIEFING https://youtu.be/hP-2ah4Eyek 
Edited by DP1011

• Please share your vehicle details - Make, Model, Color, and Year. Montero sport, 2023, red 
  • Do you have any prior off-road experience? If yes, pls share details. No.
  • Confirm your vehicle has front and rear tow hooks/eyelets. Yes. Inbuild ones and I have D schacle to connect. This is enough right?
  • Confirm you have essential minimum gears  to start off with - 1. Off road flag , 2. Two way programmable radio 3. Deflator to deflate tyres upon arrival and 4. Compressor to inflate after the drive. Yes I have the neccessary gear. I watched all the videos. Looking forward to join.
  • Well Done (+2) 1

4 minutes ago, Abhilash Kottakkal said:
  • Please share your vehicle details - Make, Model, Color, and Year. Montero sport, 2023, red 
  • Do you have any prior off-road experience? If yes, pls share details. No.
  • Confirm your vehicle has front and rear tow hooks/eyelets. Yes. Inbuild ones and I have D schacle to connect. This is enough right?
  • Confirm you have essential minimum gears  to start off with - 1. Off road flag , 2. Two way programmable radio 3. Deflator to deflate tyres upon arrival and 4. Compressor to inflate after the drive. Yes I have the neccessary gear. I watched all the videos. Looking forward to join.

that was quick - now lets hope for either an extension of Convoy or someone dropping :) - however, please wait to see till the convoy list is published - I can totally relate to this excitement when I did my first drive too :) ,

• Like (+1) 1

RSVP IS NOW CLOSED

@babaski@BIBIN THOMAS@Pierre de Maigret@Glenn W@Thejas Uthran@topgear@Bashar Beasha@Dorian Zissi@Rajiv Sam@DTG@Arun Menon@Haneef Thayyil@Harshal@Abhilash Kottakkal

Supported by @Chaitanya D @DP1011@Rajiv Sam

You guys are all confirmed for the drive tomorrow. The convoy list can be found below:

image.png.245f3ea8540f14fd48ddaa32e7ab4c15.png

As mentioned before, this will be a gentle overlanding drive, not a dune-bashing drive. The aim is to enjoy the scenery, cross some dunes, and take it easy.

We will be using Walkie Talkie Radio Channel 2: 446.031 Mhz

@Haneef Thayyil@Abhilash Kottakkalif you have no walkie-talkie or did not program it yet, no worries i will provide a spare radio that you can use for this time.

An offroad-flag is usually mandatory to have on your vehicle. As this is your first drive with us, we can make a one-time exception if you do not have one yet. However please get this sorted as soon as possible.

Make sure to watch the Absolute Newbie briefing video posted here on the drive topic to ensure you are prepared. 

When you arrive at the location you can start deflating to 15psi. If you need help with that we will definitely be nearby to assist you. I usually arrive well in advance. In case of any issue on the way to the meeting point my mobile is 0 5 6 5 0 4 2 6 3 2

See you all tomorrow !
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Relive video:

https://www.relive.cc/view/vYvrVzEEExv

GPS Track: 

Check out this trail from @Wikiloc! https://www.wikiloc.com/offroading-trails/shj-scenic-drive-3-emirates-140635213 (SHJ- Scenic Drive 3 Emirates)

9CB9D410-691E-4CF8-9C9E-C7685AD8C0FB.jpeg.1a87d592a0c7107e69eaf380d15674d5.jpeg

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 2

Important Information

Terms of use