Advertise here

Kids Mode in YouTube

Looper

When you upload videos to YouTube, you must specify that the video is not meant for Kids otherwise it is by default take up in the YouTube Kids. In YouTube Kids it switches off comments as well as background playback (even if you have YouTube Premium) and YouTube would not let the video be saved to viewers playlists as well plus subscribers to the channel don’t get any notifications (learn more).

You Do Not want to upload videos in Kids Mode because One: They are not meant for Kids even. Two With kids' mode the exposure that you get on the video becomes restricted and you do not reach your intended audience - your videos are recommended to less than 13-year-olds. 

You can however edit the setting in YouTube Studio (https://studio.youtube.com/) to specify "No, it's not 'Made of Kids' (go to Profile>YouTube Studio>Content>Video in the Audience section)

image.png.d7dbc8b604e85ffb5cc6c5b6b5340b4c.png

Example of YouTube Kids more video: 

08 07 23 FB Plus_Faqa_fishtailing 

Bu Tais to Umm Al Oush

(i am deliberately not embedding the videos)

PS: I will change, if the current video is edited to remove it from Kids Mode.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 3

don't drive like its your last one.

Thanks @Looper..i have changed my video settings..

By opting "made for kids" i thought i was just declaring that it was "safe" for kids to watch..and thereby increasing the audience base 😀 and not restricting it. Because there is another option to restrict to 18 yrs or older, which i did not select........anyways...

I see now, it was kind of counter intuitive!!

• Like (+1) 3

@Sunil Mathew now your videos started to be shown in the video suggestion feed.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

• 3 months later...

Updating to add that you can permanently set up the channel so that no video gets flagged by default into Kids Mode.

In YouTube Studio (https://studio.youtube.com/) (in desktop mode) > Select Settings (cog icon at the bottom lefthand side corner) > Channel > Advanced Settings and selected the 2nd Option as shown below. And press save. With this you will not be required to tell YouTube for every video that the damn video is not meant for kids, especially kids 🤪.

image.png.5cc92865ec9b493fc33bacd2d28e3c53.png