•  

Morning Newbie Desert Drive - Margham - Dubai - 23 July 2023

Hisham Masaad

DRIVE DESCRIPTION

We request every member that joins this drive to go through the below information and strictly follow these guidelines, etiquettes and responsibilities.

MUST READ AND COMPLY

First time with Carnity Off-road Club:

• Please share your vehicle details - Make, Model, Color, and Year.
  • Do you have any prior off-road experience? If yes, pls share details.
  • Confirm your vehicle has front and rear tow hooks/eyelets.
  • Advise if you don’t have a programable radio and safety flag.
  • MUST WATCH: NEWBIE VIDEO BRIEFING

DRIVE DETAILS

Level:  Absolute Newbie, Newbie and above

When:  23rd July 2023, Sunday

Meeting time:  5:30 AM - Sharp (Without any exceptions)

Meeting Point:  https://goo.gl/maps/wBdB3Me1iahBgwpS9

Approximate finish time: 8:30 AM approx

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), smiles, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Mandatory off-road gears: Tire deflator, tire pressure gauge, compressor, walkie-talkie radio, off-road flag, shovel, first-aid kit and fire extinguisher.

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE

• This drive is limited to 12 cars only.
  • If the RSVP is full, you can add your name to the waitlist, once anyone drops, you will be moved to the RSVP list.
  • RSVP will close a day prior to preparing a convoy list.
  • Latecomers will be returned back - Without any exceptions.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - Without any exceptions.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

PLEASE RSVP ON THE CALENDAR

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

• Gaurav changed the title to Morning Newbie Desert Drive - Margham - Dubai - 23 July 2023

Dear @Vishnu Ramankutty, thank you for joining the drive. 

Can you please confirm on below : 

• Please share your vehicle details - Make, Model, Color, and Year.
  • Do you have any prior off-road experience? If yes, pls share details.
  • Confirm your vehicle has front and rear tow hooks/eyelets.
  • Confirm you have essential minimum gears  to start off with - 1. Off road flag , 2. Two way programmable radio 3. Deflator to deflate tyres upon arrival and 4. Compressor to inflate after the drive. 
  • MUST WATCH: NEWBIE VIDEO BRIEFING https://youtu.be/hP-2ah4Eyek 
  • Like (+1) 1

Dear desert friends @Theo09 @Issam Atra @Vishnu Ramankutty @Shiboo Kr @Abhilash Kottakkal @Haneef Thayyil @Davie Chase @DTG @Arun Menon @Pavel Pashkovskiy @Amir Amiri @Arda YagciogluThank you for joining, and look forward to meet many new friends. Will be great if you can be ready to do the briefing by 5:30am, means you reach 10 minutes earlier, deflate and flag on. Hope all new joiners have watched all videos and went through desert driving notes carefully. Margham is a very nice area for NB level drives, and hoping still the same, and without bushes, as many desert areas are full of plants and bushes. We will be moving as per the below convoy order, and using Radio Channel 2 (446031). Please do not hesitate to reach me on 0506318834 for any requirement. 

See you tomorrow morning.

Nice evening.

IMG_2835.jpeg

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Hii Hisham,

I am really sorry I won't be able to join. From yesterday's ride there were some damages to the vehicles bumbers and couldn't get it replaced today as spare parts were not available. Sorry for the inconvenience. I will join the next week's drive. 

• Sad (0) 1

I'd like to thank everyone today for the help and support in getting me road-side. Waiting on the tow-truck so I've got time to contemplate how I got here.

Apologies to @Vishnu Ramankutty& @Issam Atra for cutting your first drive short today.

Thank you @Hisham Masaad, @Arda Yagcioglu, @Davie Chase, @Pavel Pashkovskiy for trying to get my 4x4 driving again 

Thank you @Davie Chasefor the pull back to roadside.

And thanks @Vishnu Ramankutty,@DTG crew and@Haneef Thayyil for the man power and encouragement 

But especially @Pavel Pashkovskiyfor the life-saving coffee & @Hisham Masaadfor the dates.

Thank you all and look forward to getting back into the dunes again soon!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

@Hisham Masaad thanks for a superb drive today morning, great way to spend a Sunday morning with such like minded people and in such great company. Superb second lead from @Theo09 listening and responding well to Hishams instructions making slight alterations to the route to keep the convoy flowing well. The middle order team drove fantastically well allowing the convoy to flow seamlessly with only a couple of refusals and no real stucks to talk about it, great job guys @Issam Atra @Vishnu Ramankutty  @Haneef Thayyil @DTG @Arun Menon @Pavel Pashkovskiy @Amir Amiri our sweep for the day @Arda Yagcioglu did an amazing job, very informative which allowed us to keep the convoy on track and moving forward.

Last minute issue with @Arun Menon Xterra which invoked great team work from @Hisham Masaad and @Pavel Pashkovskiy to reconnect the trans hose that had come off allowing the fluid to escape. We topped her up with the little trans fluid that we had amongst us, but to no avail. so then it was all literally all hands on deck (car) to pull, push and shove the xterra out of the soft and onto the hard, we then had a short tow onward to the exit and homeward bound, the teamwork is what makes carnity special and never ceases to amaze me, well done to all and thank you to all for a job well done.

@Arun Menon please let us know how you get on with our car once you have the diagnosis etc. 

See you all in the sand again very soon 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 3

Important Information

Terms of use