•  

Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Lesaily Run Rewind (Qudra to Lisaili) - Dubai - 3 Sep 2023

Looper

@Abhilash Kottakkal Only piece of advice is, U need to identify the sweet spot ( as @Gaurav always says)

Start at 12, if u feel good thats it, if refusals go to 11, if thats swift and smooth u have identified ur sweet spot. Dont be afraid of popout, U will have to go through that process to identify ur sweet spot and there is no science involved, keep going and u will revert everyone the day you identified it👍🏻😎

• Like (+1) 1

@DP1011 that's again a push back. Thank you for your advice l. Let me try to identify what's best for my car in the next drive.. I been trying to push in road even to keep the Rev up and aggressive and tell the ecu you are made to offroad and even in road you keep it high and when i push down the gas pedal you just go...last time I felt like my engine was not responding as before... Hope good days ahead in desert driving..

Hi @Abhilash Kottakkal,

it probably depends on the rims you are having but I was airing down the BFG to 9 PSI and never had a pop-out. I had the feeling the sidewalls are pushed at 10ish and below. And as you said airing down and driving will increase the PSI on the hot sand and you will drive in average on 10 PSI. On a sidenote I was always driving Jeeps. 

• Totally Agree (+2) 1

On 9/6/2023 at 9:07 PM, Abhilash Kottakkal said:

@DP1011 that's again a push back. Thank you for your advice l. Let me try to identify what's best for my car in the next drive.. I been trying to push in road even to keep the Rev up and aggressive and tell the ecu you are made to offroad and even in road you keep it high and when i push down the gas pedal you just go...last time I felt like my engine was not responding as before... Hope good days ahead in desert driving..

@Abhilash Kottakkal I recently changed from BFG to Yokohama Geolander and what you were experiencing is true. A friend of mine was calculating the following (not sure if this is correct but I guess there are a lot of other Carnity experts to comment), he said I have a weight difference per tire by 5 KG so the Yokohamas are 5 KG lighter. Multiplied by 4 tires its 20 KG which makes a difference of 200KG in over axle weight. Which means you have "two and a half men" on top in your car and honestly I can feel it on and Offroad. On road due consumption went down and Offroad higher climbing and better soft sand performance and I had to retrain my gearing behavior in the desert because the engine rpm goes higher more easily. Of course the sidewalls are not that beefy thats why I decided to go for beadlocks at the same time to still air down to 8 PSI without pop-out danger. (no recommendation this was just a decision I took for me). 

These are my short observations after almost 4 years BFG. 

I hope this helps and I hope even more you'll not regret your choice on the other hand I was super happy the last 4 years with BFG airing constantly down to 1 digit PSI without any pop-outs. 

Please let me know in case of any questions. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

I don't know about you @Felix Obstbut i'd be having a great morning out with these guys in my Patrol:

Xem Phim Hai Người Đàn Ông Rưỡi Phần 3 - Two And A Half Men Season 3 ...

@Abhilash Kottakkalas the BF Goodrich tyres have a much sturdier sidewall, you will find they don't even look deflated at 12psi. You will need to probably go to 10psi and do some trials to see if you find improvement.

The KO2 from BF Goodrich is a fantastic tyre, but for sand and especially if you are driving a car that's already a bit underpowered, it will not work in your favor. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

@Frederic@Felix Obst Thank you for your valuable insights. Let me start from 10 PSI tomorrow then. I don't have beedlocks which may be a bit risky. Hope I don't have a popout. @Gaurav is it okay? Appreciate your input also. 

@Abhilash Kottakkal have you seen a viral video where they test several types of tea pots - and they say bad to good and best? For me, the second one seemed fair enough and good, but they continue for another five or six iterations till they say that's the best one.

The marginal utility of an item depends on expertise. I would like you to keep that in mind. By the time you can determine what is best for you it will be time for a change anyway, and then you can choose wisely.

Be happy! Don't worry. 

don't drive like its your last one.

Thank you all for your advices and reassurances. Today in the drive I deflated to 10psi no pop out and it all went well..🤪 let's put it again to test tomorrow and see how it goes.

• Like (+1) 2

Important Information

Terms of use