Morning Newbie Desert Drive - Lisaili Fort - Dubai - 2 Sep 2023

Islam Soliman

Drive Report :

For a Newbie level - Test of Endurance, raising your patience levels and Team sport - This is what I would call this drive all about and ALL of the convoy demonstrated all of these skills - Absolutely Impressive!  Thank you @Islam Soliman For giving us this opportunity of great learning , both for the NBs and as well as the Support members ! 

Despite the challenge thrown by @Islam Soliman & Google maps :D ,on Finding the location  of meeting point, All of the members were pretty much on time and post deflation  with a back to school detailed briefing by Islam the journey of learning began.   

Some Drive stats :

The drive commenced at 6.20, and we finished at 11.30, covering a distance of 39kms . The total duration being 5 hours, with 2.15 hours of stoppage time, while battling those soft patches which offered all of us great learning of who are our first go to friends in desert - the 3s, Steering, Shovel and Support team :D ;) 

The only absolute NB @Rafey Hashmi with his impressive Jimny and from being flagless one day before the drive, to an amazing UAE flag, demonstrated great attitude by taking up all the challenges offered. am sure reflecting back on what you did, you should be proud of yourself ! Keep it up my friend and am sure you also learnt the art of moving to Manual and the timing of shifting gears and how steering works in your favour  !  - just a reminder , Ikea 49 Aed is for the shovel is your next investment ;) :D

@Dev_ - Another member in convoy - I think hardly any refusals for you except minor ones if i remember, was first drive with you and you drove well, My only suggestion would be on aggressive steering my friend and nothing else - I know you felt the drive was easy and that explains your experience of learning on just you second drive ( not sure if you were driving before)  :) 

@Dorian Zissi - Hope you had a good relaxing weekend my friend and am very sure, when reflecting on the day, you will certainly be proud on yourself, with so many learnings - as we say, the more you are stuck or face refusals the more you learn. and what you learnt on this drive is i would say, I learnt in 5 drives of being my newbie level - Keep up the endurance and the way you self recovered your self on that soft patch with inputs from Pajero king @Mehmet Volga was absolutely impressive. and looking forward to driving again with you soon .

@DTG The demonstration you do with you machine is always commendable Danny and how well you know your vehicle is clearly seen that you buying water spray even before Shovel :D ( just on a lighter note) - Ikea 49 dirhams is your next investment !! :D _ Nicely done while doing those side dunes and overall I see you stepping up in each drive ! 

@essam ibrahim Always great to see you on drives and You were most inspirational on endurance level, with minor refusals , great attitude and extremely well done ! What's your source of Energy - we would all want to know !! 

@Fabien Monleau & @Mehmet Volga - Been long we drove together and it was great to have you guys as a team and am sure if not your presence, we wouldn't have had early dinner ;) :D haha ! 

and lastly once again - Thanks @Islam Soliman - As I said, I got my technical Adrenaline ! 

Looking forward to seeing you all again soon in desert ! 

Edited by DP1011
Ending note :D
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 3

@DP1011

first of all let me thank you and all for the great support as i have all time to get . 

and let me inform you about the  source of Energy is the support i get from all of you and my colleges, with my confident to do something new in my life . 

with thanks to all of you . 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 3

Important Information

Terms of use