•  

Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Super Soft Super Technical - Qudra - Dubai - 10 Sep 2023

Looper

DRIVE PLAN

We will start our drive from Bab Al Shams, enjoy some technical dunes along the way that I am expecting to be super soft as well as very technical. We will also try to find some nice dunes and practice ridge riding and criss crossing. After that, we will enjoy a drive that will take us into Last Exit.

Read Carefully: I haven’t driven in this area for a long time, and I’m planning to explore it. I think the sand might be really soft, so I’d like the cars to be lighter, preferably below 2.5 tons in their usual stock setup. It would be great if we could avoid really big vehicles. Also, the sand dunes are going to be narrow, so trucks might not be the best choice for this terrain. Keep your shovels handy. 

Request every member that joins this drive to go through the information below and strictly follow these guidelines, etiquette, and responsibilities.

MUST READ AND COMPLY

DRIVE DETAILS

• Level:  Fewbie and above
  • When: 10 September 2023, Sunday
  • Meeting time:  6:00 AM - Sharp (Without any exceptions)
  • Meeting Point: https://goo.gl/maps/f782dd5PLRj9sRV36
  • Approximate finish time: 9:30 AM
  • Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.
  • What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), smiles, enthusiasm, and willingness to learn.

MANDATORY OFF-ROAD GEAR:

• Tire deflator & Tire pressure gauge
  • Compressor
  • Walkie-talkie radio
  • Off-road flag
  • Shovel, Tow Rope & 2 Shackles
  • First-aid kit
  • Fire extinguisher

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE

• This drive is limited to 8 cars only. RSVP will close on Friday
  • If the RSVP is full, you can add your name to the waitlist, once anyone drops, you will be moved to the RSVP list.
  • RSVP will close a day prior to preparing a convoy list.
  • Latecomers will be returned - Without any exceptions.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned - Without any exceptions.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

PLEASE RSVP ON BELOW CALENDAR

• Like (+1) 2

don't drive like its your last one.

• Gaurav changed the title to Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Super Soft Super Technical - Qudra - Dubai - 10 Sep 2023

@Looper, I will take a newbie drive the day before with Gaurav to be more comfortable with the new tyres etc...you know very well from our previous discussions..if everything goes well consider adding me on this drive...I understand super soft and  Technical like my first fewbie drive which lasted from 5:30 to 12:30 near the solar park...and I assure you I will not miss this one....

• Like (+1) 1

@Haneef Thayyil I see that you are still in Newbei level & this drive as it is for Fewbie level. I'll have to remove you from the Attendees list.

You may join this drive on Sunday

These are the stats from the last two drives I did here.

image.png.e81fb77737dd727ed98147f42581fa92.png

In the first of the drive, we had a situation where we had a stuck car being pulled by another that got stuck which needed to be pulled by one more which got stuck too so we had to use one more behind it. There was a pop out too at the very start even before we entered the dunes.

In the second drive at one time, we found three cars inside a small bowl, a little later in the drive we had 2 or 3 simultaneous popouts being fixed at the same time, and a dead car towards the end of the drive, in the dark.

Expectation: The sand will be incredibly soft; the dunes are un-even and narrow. It will be a slow and treacherous track, where anything that could go wrong will go wrong.

Objective: We will thread carefully among the dunes and try to keep moving by finding an uncomplicated way to navigate. 

Reality:  TBA

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • WOW (+2) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

1639735558_IMG_66491.jpg.5684c0f001d404229a2346123d806c5c.jpg

👆 Did you get that right? Carry all the ropes you can, bring out the shovels (not spoons), we are going to be the undertakers of what could probably turn out to be an insane drive. Should things go south we might find ourselves stuck in really sticky situations, and we will need all the energies we can muster so please be ready for the same.

To reiterate, this drive is primarily an exploration drive, and we may not know what lays ahead, even though it's just Qudra. Our objective would be to come out of it scot-free, make an easy get away from it as an ideal FB drive should be.

Important: Request you not be a No-Show and instead rest well and arrive on time. In case you think there are going to be any issues withdraw from the drive as there is a long waiting list. Meanwhile do check the health of your vehicle as it will be quite hot very soon, touching 40 degrees by the time we end the drive.

Attending:
@Emanuel, @Srilakshman Karthikeyan, @Deepak Eswar, @Juan R, @Mahmoud Taha, @MohamedSherif, @Zulfikhar Naiyar, @Johannes Roux, @Rk ram, @Benjamin

Waitlisted:

1st Drive of the week: @Arda Yagcioglu, @Haneef Thayyil

2nd Drive of the week: @Stumpy Paj, @Bjoern, @Bravoecho, @Abhilash Kottakkal,

• Like (+1) 6

35 minutes ago, Looper said:

Waitlisted:

Didn't get this term 🤔 in fact of them are waitlisted under this drive. Please explain, I can see 1 and 2 on the names of waitlisted members. 

19 minutes ago, Haneef Thayyil said:

Didn't get this term 🤔 in fact of them are waitlisted under this drive. Please explain, I can see 1 and 2 on the names of waitlisted members. 

1 means - it is the first drive of the week such as yours, 2 means it is their 2nd drive of the week and they are already signed up for another drive. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Looper said:

1639735558_IMG_66491.jpg.5684c0f001d404229a2346123d806c5c.jpg

👆 Did you get that right? Carry all the ropes you can, bring out the shovels (not spoons), we are going to be the undertakers of what could probably turn out to be an insane drive. Should things go south we might find ourselves stuck in really sticky situations, and we will need all the energies we can muster so please be ready for the same.

To reiterate, this drive is primarily an exploration drive, and we may not know what lays ahead, even though it's just Qudra. Our objective would be to come out of it scot-free, make an easy get away from it as an ideal FB drive should be.

Important: Request you not to be a No-Show and instead rest well and arrive on time. In case you think there are going to be any issues withdraw from the drive as there is a long waiting list. Meanwhile do check the health of your vehicle as it will be quite hot very soon, touching 40 degrees by the time we end the drive.

Attending:
@Emanuel, @Srilakshman Karthikeyan, @Deepak Eswar, @Juan R, @Mahmoud Taha, @MohamedSherif, @Zulfikhar Naiyar, @Johannes Roux, @Rk ram, @Benjamin

Waitlisted:

Ropes are packed. I’ll also bring the @Stumpy Paj. He’s useful sometimes 😁

• Haha (+1) 4
  • WOW (+2) 1

Got the new ropes today...ready for the battle of ropes and shovel. @LooperI will bring a shovel and also a spoon which I bought for my first drive just incase....😂. Looking forward to the battle and hope we win the war in the end..I understand we have the best front line warriors looking after us @Benjamin @DP1011 @Kailas really appreciate taking the responsibility of the long convoy and adding us to the drive...

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Important Information

Terms of use