•  

Morning Fewbie Plus Desert Drive - Al Faya to Sweihan - Abu Dhabi - 16 Sep 2023

Looper

DRIVE PLAN

Winter is not here yet, but it is going to be a matter of weeks now. We are going a bit far this week and as winter comes, we will continue to explore further and further. Expecting excitedly for a new season of desert off-roading, we start our weekend at Al Faya and explore its dunes and end our drive at Sweihan.

Request every member that joins this drive to go through the information below and strictly follow these guidelines, etiquette, and responsibilities.

MUST READ AND COMPLY

DRIVE DETAILS

• Level:  Fewbie Plus and above
  • When: 16 September 2023, Saturday
  • Meeting time:  6:00 AM - Sharp (Without any exceptions)
  • Meeting Point: https://goo.gl/maps/cGQ8QKWXD2Zxcapi6
  • Approximate finish time: 9:30 AM
  • Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.
  • What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), smiles, enthusiasm, and willingness to learn.

MANDATORY OFF-ROAD GEAR:

• Tire deflator & Tire pressure gauge
  • Compressor
  • Walkie-talkie radio
  • Off-road flag
  • Shovel, Tow Rope & 2 Shackles
  • First-aid kit
  • Fire extinguisher

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE

• This drive is limited to 10 cars only. RSVP will close on Friday
  • If the RSVP is full, you can add your name to the waitlist, once anyone drops, you will be moved to the RSVP list.
  • RSVP will close a day prior to preparing a convoy list.
  • Latecomers will be returned - Without any exceptions.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned - Without any exceptions.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

PLEASE RSVP ON BELOW CALENDAR

• Like (+1) 2

don't drive like its your last one.

Please note the nearest fuel station is at: ADNOC Service Station | Al Faya Shahinat - 3 (764) 6 km down the lane. 

@Johannes Roux it's a FB+ drive so, you would not be eligible to join the drive.

• Like (+1) 2

@Looperhow are you? What is the probability of extending the group to include the people in the waiting list? (Will help a lot to plan my weekend as I need to travel from Riyadh just to see you hehe)

21 minutes ago, Hugo said:

@Looperhow are you? What is the probability of extending the group to include the people in the waiting list? (Will help a lot to plan my weekend as I need to travel from Riyadh just to see you hehe)

There is always a non-zero chance of extending the drive 😇,

There is also the chance of many dropping out before the D Day comes & it is not a very long waitlist.

I, however, will leave the decision up to you.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

@Hugo - Also just to help you more , You are technically WL no. 2, since there are total 4 people, and the first 2 WL are on their second drive, so WL Guys with their first drive get priority on moving to confirmed slot - So now 2 chances - If 2 people drop, you are deftly IN or if the convoy extends by 2 people, then too you are in ;) 

Edited by DP1011
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

@Hugo as this is your first drive of the week, I will add you to the drive. Please confirm your availability.

@Jona & @Bjoern - this will be the second drive of the week for you. Please let me know your availability in case someone drops out and we are able to extend. 

@Mohit Gurnani, @Ahmad Nerat, @FERNANDO SYRIO, @Bashar Beasha, @Rk ram, @Andrei S, @Naveen Raj, @Gok Krish - just a mid-week reminder to check your calendars; that they are clear, else you can exit and don't take up slots.

@Mehmet Volga, @Rajiv Sam, @Joji varghese, @Pacific looking forward to your support in this drive.

• Like (+1) 5

3 minutes ago, Hugo said:

@Looperavailable 

I have added you to the drive. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Unfortunately, I have to remove my self from the drive 😭.. Enjoy guys and don't forget to share photos for the drive. 

Edited by Ahmad Nerat

Important Information

Terms of use