•  

Morning Fewbie Plus Desert Drive - Al Ain Airport Adventures - Abu Dhabi - 23 Sep 2023

Frederic

1 hour ago, Frederic said:

@Ishakas we spoke on the drive, i was very worried about you yesterday, as i saw your Pajero fishtailing and fighting gravity in many areas. Hence i asked you to check in which gear you were driving (we have seen 4HLC can sometimes help in getting a better power ratio vs the regular 4H). I would not advise you to keep driving in 4L otherwise your transmission will be giving up very soon. The Pajero is a heavy car and you will need to learn to find clean lines with good momentum while now you were forcing your way onto most of the dunes and ridges, which not just looks scary, but you have seen yesterday how the desert can be unforgiving. I highly recommend you to join 5-10 Fewbie level drives and adjust your way of off-roading before doing higher level drives. I was seriously concerned about your safety yesterday and hope you understand.

Thank you very much for the advise @Frederic 🤝😉

• Like (+1) 2

On 9/24/2023 at 8:04 AM, Frederic said:

@Ishakas we spoke on the drive, i was very worried about you yesterday, as i saw your Pajero fishtailing and fighting gravity in many areas. Hence i asked you to check in which gear you were driving (we have seen 4HLC can sometimes help in getting a better power ratio vs the regular 4H). I would not advise you to keep driving in 4L otherwise your transmission will be giving up very soon. The Pajero is a heavy car and you will need to learn to find clean lines with good momentum while now you were forcing your way onto most of the dunes and ridges, which not just looks scary, but you have seen yesterday how the desert can be unforgiving. I highly recommend you to join 5-10 Fewbie level drives and adjust your way of off-roading before doing higher level drives. I was seriously concerned about your safety yesterday and hope you understand.

Nice observation and comments Fredy. Desert is indeed unforgiving sometimes.

@Ishak another way to learn is by seeing other LWB Pajero on how they handle and how they improvise on lines (most imp), so you have faith that yes your Pajero can also do it, just with tiny adjustment and not with brute force and fishtailing.

If you have a chance, try to join @Salim Akhtar and see how impeccably and safely he drives his LWB Pajero and still makes it to the top without any refusals/stuck.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

On 9/25/2023 at 11:46 AM, Mehmet Volga said:

@Gertjan @Mohit Gurnani @Ishak it was great to be back in Sweihan after such a long time for me, on such a beautifully new terrain. We kept excellent pace and I really enjoyed the drive which was only 2 hours this time... Second half of the drive was also quite precious for me as it proved how much important having good friends beside you during challenging times... I cannot express my feelings when you all were helping me around with your full hands and warm smiles. Millions thanks to each one of you guys...

... and of course @Frederic ; since there is no word to type here to explain how was you that day, I won't even try. The lucky part of that day was you my buddy; this is not only about off roading but more about having a friend like you. Again and again thank you very much my brother...  

It may take sometime for me and my pajero to be back on the sand again, ... but I feel it will happen ... So see you soon then...👋 

Dear @Mehmet Volga, I have heard about your role over incident 😳. I am sorry to hear about it, and I am glad to know that you and your passanger were not harmed, anything else such as the car etc. is replacable.

I learned from my experience when I fliped and rolled my car, the important thing is to forget what happend,  add to the experience list, and quickly come back to the desert for other drives with a much stronger character.  

I hope to see you soon brother.

Mohamad Anwer 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Mohamad Anwer said:

Dear @Mehmet Volga, I have heard about your role over incident 😳. I am sorry to hear about it, and I am glad to know that you and your passanger were not harmed, anything else such as the car etc. is replacable.

I learned from my experience when I fliped and rolled my car, the important thing is to forget what happend,  add to the experience list, and quickly come back to the desert for other drives with a much stronger character.  

I hope to see you soon brother.

@Mohamad Anwer thank you very much brother. Yes I recently joined to the rolling stones club and as you said, even it was horrific while having it, we all know that this is happening and not rare. Fully agree with you that it is much better to look forward. Since my car went total loss now, I'll need a new desert toy. As soon as I have one, I'll be back on sand to drive with you again.

Thank you for your wishes brother. See you soon 👋

• Like (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use