Advertise here

Desert Champions Trophy - 2023

Gaurav

51 minutes ago, Lala G said:

As a strict rule based off-road group, we SandRunners chose to do multiple passes when in doubt but not taking away at all from @Icon Auto fabulous and untouchable glory, I did notice ingress of formidable NO GO areas twice which would ideally lead to irreparable damage like disqualification in the lead drive route, maybe the other team members have got it clean.

Yes, they have and it's been clearly measured with Garmin Basecamp which is far more accurate than Gaia (web version).

You can clearly see the variance on all 4 tracks (within 15m variance) vs 1 orange (a clear case of GPS inaccuracy).

https://help.gaiagps.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003524167-Why-GPS-Track-Recording-Can-Be-Inaccurate

Moreover, as judges, we do pay close attention to such technical variances vs team taking advantages for fair competition.

image.png

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

@Gaurav I’m sure it would have been verified in all its wisdom. And without an iota of doubt, absolutely there is no denying @Icon Autosupremacy and performance at this event. Hats off!! My post was not a challenge to the decision ever.

Basically we had drawn a route which traversed the tiny gap between the 2 No go zones, (as must have most teams Im sure thought about it for fun) but scrapped it in the very beginning for anything coming close to disqualification. Wouldn’t be worth the risk😂 

In the very highest event forms of Motorsport this would be a near suicidal attempt. Just brought the intrusion part out as it’s a learning process for us all the 8 teams. 

Edited by Lala G
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

You have to understand the boundaries as gradients rather than a hard line. Just like the waypoints it feathers out in all directions. 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

don't drive like its your last one.

7 hours ago, Looper said:

You have to understand the boundaries as gradients rather than a hard line. Just like the waypoints it feathers out in all directions. 

Correct, and this is how we measured the GPS variance in real-time before the competition on the same site.

Blue track is my track while going from the deflation point to the starting point.

Green track is in reverse order after 1 hour. I used my same tire track as there was only one track in the whole sabkha. Same car, same gps, same gaia, same phone and we have recorded 10-15 meter variance. When I merged to the orange track, it was very accurate.

image.png

image.png

• Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

• 2 weeks later...

Desert Champions Trophy - 2023 Images

https://carnity.com/gallery/category/1888-desert-champions-trophy-19-nov-2023/

Desert Champions Trophy - 2023 Highlights

• WOW (+2) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

12 hours ago, Gaurav said:

Desert Champions Trophy - 2023 Images

https://carnity.com/gallery/category/1888-desert-champions-trophy-19-nov-2023/

Desert Champions Trophy - 2023 Highlights

Great edit! Such an amazing day!

• DP1011 locked this topic