•  

Morning Newbie Desert Drive - Sweihan - Abu Dhabi - 5 Nov 2023

Srikumar

DRIVE DESCRIPTION

Sweihan, also known as "Little Liwa" among the offroading community.is the perfect playground to hone your basic skills of approaching a dune, crossing over and how much gas to give. The nature of the spaced out dunes means the drives will be a tad quicker but a lot more fun.

We request every member that joins this drive to go through the below information and strictly follow these guidelines, etiquettes and responsibilities.

MUST READ AND COMPLY

DRIVE DETAILS

Level: Absolute Newbie, Newbie and above

When:  05 November 2023, Sunday

Meeting time:   06:30 AM- Sharp (Without any exceptions)

Meeting Point: https://goo.gl/maps/c69wLd7N61JjxBmf6

Approximate finish time:  10:30 AM

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), smiles, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Mandatory off-road gears: Tire deflator, tire pressure gauge, compressor, walkie-talkie radio, off-road flag, shovel, first-aid kit, Tow Rope, 2 Shackles and fire extinguisher.

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE

• This drive is limited to 12 cars only. 
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you find you are unable to join, so your spot can be taken by others in the waitlist.
  • If the RSVP is full, you can add your name to the waitlist, if an RSVP attendee removes themselves, you will be moved from the waitlist to the RSVP list as an attendee.
  • A convoy list will be sent out the day prior to the drive.
  • Latecomers will be returned back - Without any exceptions.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - Without any exceptions.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

PLEASE RSVP ON BELOW CALENDAR

@James DunlopWelcome to Carnity Offroad Club. As this is your first time with us, could you please reply for the following points:

First time with Carnity Off-road Club:

• Please share your vehicle details - Make, Model, Color, and Year.
  • Do you have any prior off-road experience? If yes, pls share details.
  • Confirm your vehicle has front and rear tow hooks/eyelets.
  • Advise if you don’t have a programable radio and safety flag.
  • MUST WATCH: NEWBIE VIDEO BRIEFING

@Dan S @Vijay Cowlagi @SamBha @SUMEDH KRISHNA WAGHMARE @Arravind @Felix Obst @Tatsiana Chase @PETELCZYC PAJERO - luke @James Dunlop @Aser @Imran Asghar @Benjamin @Fabien Monleau

Welcome to tomorrow's Newbie Drive in Sweihan. We will start of at a nice relaxed pace to enjoy the morning weather, and as the convoy starts feeling comfortable we might throw in a couple of challenges. We have a strong group of Experienced members who are joining us tomorrow, so please feel free to get stuck.  😁

Few Important Points :

1. Please be at the meeting point on or before 6:30 AM. 
  2. Please ensure that you have tow points both at the Front and Back. If not, we will unfortunately halve to send you back
  3. Deflate to 15 psi if you are on HT tyres, and to 12-13 psi if you are on AT tyres. Incase of any doubt, please feel free to ask questions
  4. We will not be stopping close to a gas station, so please bring your compressor along
  5. The nearest gas station is https://maps.app.goo.gl/Ncwv8XTiver7zbTi6 which is not exactly on the route towards the meeting point, resulting in a detour. Please factor this so as to make it to the meeting point by 6:30 AM
  6. We will be using Carnity Channel 3 (446.056) for tomorrow's drive. Please ensure that this channel is programmed properly before the drive.
  7. Incase of any emergencies, I will be available on 055-9567471

Convoy Numbering

Position Name Car Rank
1 Srikumar Cherokee XJ Crew
2 Felix Obst 2018 Jeep Wrangler - JK - Blue - 2 Door Intermediate
3 Luke pajero 3.8 lwb - white/black Fewbie Plus
4 James Dunlop 2021 Jeep Newbie
5 Aser 2018 Jeep Wrangler - 4 door - black Newbie
6 Imran Asghar Toyota, FJ Cruiser Xtreme, White 2013 Support Team
7 Vijay Cowlagi 2014 Toyota Land Cruiser V8 Newbie
8 SamBha 2003 Nissan Patrol Y61 - 4 Door - Grey Newbie
9 SUMEDH KRISHNA WAGHMARE 2019 JEEP WRANGLER 4 DOOR SPORTS Newbie
10 Benjamin 2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport JL silver Support Team
11 Arravind Nissan Patrol Patrol 2023 Newbie
12 Dan S 2022 GMC Sierra - 4 door - Silver Metal Newbie
13 Tatsiana Chase Jeep Red Newbie
14 Fabien Monleau Toyota Land Cruiser 76 series Support Team
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 1

I thought I would jazz the drive up with a bit with an almost ripped out exaust had it not been for the eagle eye of Ben!!

The drive itself was beautiful really good spot Sri thank you!

Great to cruise around and watch the skill on display you all drove wonderfully! 

Amazing amazing scenery 10/10 and really amazing driving around on the semi wet sand! 

Back to the exaust - thanks all for the help getting it in drivable condition especially Sri & Davie and whomever provided the ropes and the kind offer from Luke to follow me to the garage ( I just arrived I did 50 all the way didn't want to put the car under pressure if there was an unidentified kink in the pipe) 

Anyway have a great Sunday all and lovely to meet new faces ! 

The FJ will live to see another battle next week 💪(and a few AED lighter😂)

Maybe I use this opportunity to upgrade the full exhaust system to a borla just don't tell my wife 😬😬😬😬😬

Ps as a part time fisherbloke Davie I was super impressed with your knots!!

Lastly I just upgraded my cup holder! 😬 Pic below:

Warm regards,

Imran 

Screenshot_20231105_131930_Slack.jpg

20231105_091213.jpg

Edited by Imran Asghar
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Beautiful cup holder @Imran Asghar

Not to let you get all the damage today after you left one of my rim self destructed.

Thankyou everyone for your patience while we tried to get the pajero back on 4 wheels!  @Benjamin @Davie Chase @Srikumarthanks for swooping in with the extra tools after my shoddy spare was exposed.

I've uploaded some pics to the gallery here... 

https://carnity.com/gallery/category/1876-newbie-sweihan-abu-dhabi-5-nov-2023/

Hope to see you all in the sand again soon. Happy Sunday 🙏😎

• Thanks (+1) 1
  • Sad (0) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

I missed the action!! Sorry to hear about your rims what a shame mate! 

On the flip side if they are duds you found out the best way and not on szr at 120kph.....

I love the pics!!! Feel free to send me the rest if any on +971 58 598 3562

Best of luck to both of us and our cars this week in the garage 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use