•  

Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Nahel - Dubai - 11 Nov 2023

JeromeFJ

I will not be able to join the drive tomorrow as unfortunately the garage where I had given my car to fix the skid plate could not do it in time. 

• Sad (0) 1

40 minutes ago, Mohammad Sayawoush Azad said:

I will not be able to join the drive tomorrow as unfortunately the garage where I had given my car to fix the skid plate could not do it in time. 

@JeromeFJ, I got emergency surgery tomorrow so won't be able to make it. Only in case if it get postponed, I will join , else consider me out. Have fun guys.

• Sad (0) 1

22 hours ago, JeromeFJ said:

Dear Desert Drivers

@Zulfikhar Naiyar @Mahesh_ @Mohammad Sayawoush Azad @Pacific @Waqar Sarwar @Alphin Aloor @Joji varghese

THIS IS AN IMPORTANT NOTICE

There is a professional off-road event this weekend Dubai Baja International taking place in the area of Qudra - Solar Park - Faqa. Not sure of their exact track, but for sure they need space, and I don't want to have one of them flying into the convoy from behind a dune. 

I will relocate the starting point further South, close to Nahel

https://maps.app.goo.gl/XqZc3rydA9G1fASv5

It is a bit further away from Dubai, but it is a very nice area where we can approach bigger dunes.

However, I totally understand if it doesn't match your plans for the day, and I will not blame you if you choose another drive or remove your RSVP. 

Please acknowledge reading this post by reacting or sending a message.  Thank you for your understanding.

Hi @JeromeFJ well noted am in.. see you tomorrow 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Mohammad Sayawoush Azad said:

Sorry about that @Mohammad Sayawoush Azad, thank you for informing me.

2 hours ago, Pacific said:

@JeromeFJ, I got emergency surgery tomorrow so won't be able to make it. Only in case if it get postponed, I will join , else consider me out. Have fun guys.

Sorry to miss you @Pacific, you can still join if you become available

Dear Desert Drivers

@Zulfikhar Naiyar, @Mahesh_ @Waqar Sarwar @Alphin Aloor @Joji varghese

Last indications for the drive tomorrow

Meeting at 6:30 am at  https://maps.app.goo.gl/XqZc3rydA9G1fASv5

PLEASE LOOK CAREFULLY THIS IS NOT THE INITIAL MEETING POINT

Convoy order will be 

image.png.249368b1011873d27f405b94acf943eb.png

We will use Carnity Radio Channel 4.

Enjoy the evening, take a good rest, and see you tomorrow morning !

• Like (+1) 3

Dear Desert Drivers, I enjoyed a lot driving with you this morning. It was a short convoy, and the conditions were perfect to enjoy the desert. The nice rolling dunes at the beginning as a warm-up were gradually increasing in height, and after the first half hour we could start pushing our engines a bit more. Crossing a sharp ridge, we had the surprise of entering the Ghafeteen bowl; it remains a nice place, even if it is not smooth and regular as before.

Exiting the bowl, a challenging technical portion was waiting for us, small narrow dunes and soft patches, and we went through progressing at steady pace, keeping just enough momentum to cross one dune after the other. Then was the "desert life moment" when Joji spotted some locals calling for support. In exchange of some air for their tires, we had a private falcon show!

Then after a small portion of track, we entered an area of high dunes, and the last hour was just as a dream for off-roader, empty dunes, almost no tracks, high climbs, endless roller coaster from on side to the other, a few bowls to cross, with the views on the sabkha and farms on one side, and the small city of Nahel on the other side. 

@Zulfikhar Naiyar, thank you for the second lead, you have corrected my lines when needed, and could anticipate when I was going to get stuck !

@Mahesh_congratulations for your first Fewbie drive. Very well handled. The few crossings where you got stuck are not an issue. you will gain confidence with the number of drives and cross easily. Just remember the cars before you went through, so you can do it also. Remember also to control your speed in the turns and descend, so that your car remains stable. I hope your family enjoyed the ride !

@Waqar Sarwarvery well driven, the jeep remains in control in every situations including the crossings. Check how you can improve your efficiency in the long climbs (slightly lower tire pressure, more gas (progressively), manual gears, better line...) probably a mix of all this.

@Joji varghese, thank you for watching the convoy in the back, you are a reliable support and it's always a pleasure to drive with you.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend, and see you soon. Don't forget to post your best photos in the gallery !

• Like (+1) 2

Thank you so much! I appreciate your encouraging words and advice. Learning from each experience, and I'll definitely keep those tips in mind for the next drive. My family had a great time!

• Thanks (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use