Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - From Camels to Oryx - Lisaili to Ghantoot - Dubai - 4 Dec 2023

Ale Vallecchi

Level:  Fewbie and above (all levels)

Meeting time: 8.00 AM (SHARP - Without any exceptions)

Meeting Point: https://maps.app.goo.gl/D6Afa6YmXy1U2PJx5

Action Plan: An almost 100 Km drive, going from Lisaili's camel farms to Ghantoot Oryx repopulation and feeding stations, through Solar Park and one of Abu Dhabi's archeological areas. Streight, fast, varied (technical areas, open sabkhas, taller and longer dunes' cordons).  Long Range Patrol's stuff, to enjoy a festive Monday. Refreshments upon arrival.

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), smiles, face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 12:00 PM

P.S. Only join if you have a compressor to inflate your tires after the drive.

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE:

• Limited to 10 cars maximum. RSVP will close on Thursday - 12 PM.
    • If the RSVP is full and you wish to join, please mention your name on the drive thread to add on the waiting list
  • Latecomers will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members that do not confirm the terms of the COVID requirements will be removed from the RSVP list.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

Please RSVP on below calendar 

• WOW (+2) 1

• Gaurav changed the title to Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - From Camels to Oryx - Lisaili to Ghantoot - Dubai - 4 Dec 2023

Hi @Ale Vallecchi
sorry I made a mistake I press by error on the « manage button »

Could you remove my name please 🙏 

Sorry for that 

I think about to add my name on the wait list but not sur yet. 
I will drive on Friday 

6 minutes ago, frederic demolder said:

Hi @Ale Vallecchi
sorry I made a mistake I press by error on the « manage button »

Could you remove my name please 🙏 

Sorry for that 

I think about to add my name on the wait list but not sur yet. 
I will drive on Friday 

You can press on Change RSVP on the calendar entry and you will be removed from manage tab. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

don't drive like its your last one.

Hi @Ale Vallecchi

I am already registered for the Friday drive. Is the Monday drive with you included in the single drive rule for the weekend or can I already confirm my presence ? 

Thank you 

7 minutes ago, frederic demolder said:

Hi @Ale Vallecchi

I am already registered for the Friday drive. Is the Monday drive with you included in the single drive rule for the weekend or can I already confirm my presence ? 

Thank you 

@frederic demolder - just hit the Going button :D , If the system accepts you then you are good, alternatively you will be placed in WL ( and you will be taking WL 1, which gives you higher chance of getting confirmed, in case lead decided to extend the convoy size or there are lesser no. of people RSVPd)....

most likely you will be able to join it, since its just 6 ppl as of now :)

• Well Done (+2) 1

Perfect @frederic demolder Enjoy the ride camels to Oyrxs  :D - As long as the system is not stopping you from hitting Going button, and being accepted , there is no restriction , If there is restriction, you will be placed in WL  :D - So you can do more now if you want to...haha 

• Thanks (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Gurcharan Mehta said:

Hi, for this drive, the message states long range patrol's stuff, would a jeep's (392) fuel capacity be an issue?

@Gurcharan Mehta should be fine 👍

think its more referring to the drive that Ale did before where we all messed around and had a bit of fun using names from the Long Range Desert Group... 
can see it here. 

Edited by PETELCZYC PAJERO - luke
  • Like (+1) 2

Important Information

Terms of use