Full Day Desert Drive - Liwa Yellow Truck - Abu Dhabi - 16 Dec 2023

Looper

Are you camping ?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Are you camping ? 🏕️

1 hour ago, Alex T said:

Hey, @Looper. Do I need an extra can for BRaptor ? Two weeks ago we did, roughly, 80 km in Empty Quarters and I still had 3/4 of tank. 

For a Fewbie level drive we will do approx. 100-110 km and having an extra 20l min is advisable. Essentially you would want to have 80l with you including the tank. I am not sure how much fuel your carry carries. 

don't drive like its your last one.

Just a very busy day for me, so a bit slow on posting updates. Got few mins break so giving a small update.

Please note that one should carry a min of 80l of fuel from the nearest fuel station. We will do 100-120 km in the desert and we will need about 50-60l of fuel. The reason to carry a bit more is that the nearest fuel station will be a bit far on both direction, i.e. before reaching for the drive and after the drive is over. 

If anyone wants, one can camp at the meeting point. While I am planning to reach before the sunset, but also I am expecting some delay.

IMG_1879.jpeg.82e387498ac0ed1885971fae2746d38b.jpeg

We will be posting the convoy order a little later in the day. The convoys will be spilt into 2. One for FB/FB+ and another for the Intermediate level (8 cars each including the lead)

What to expect in the drive: to begin with - consider it as not one drive, rather 2 drives back to back. The dunes will be tall and soft. So when you feel that the sand under you is moving but you are not immediately stop.

If you bring any passenger, please expect a very roller coaster ride and unless they are used to driving in the desert be careful, there won’t be any easy exits.

I will comeback with some more news later in the day. 

• Like (+1) 1

I have added a poll to check who all are camping. Please do respond if possible 

Gentlemen, my most amazing ride inside the deserts was this one until now.

First time in Liwa and just WOW, incredible dunes, just like you see in the movies and you might think they are not real.

Many thanks to @Kailas and @GauravSoni leading and sweeping and helping. Very good job!!

It was challenging and not for the faint of heart but I had so much fun, some bumps that could not be avoided due to different colors of the desert made my front bumper retract inside of the car with 5 cm on the left but hard aluminum did not break in any way :D only bent the steel plates where the bumper is fixed

Thank you for the rest of the convoy also! 

Looking forward to see you next time! 

Dear @GauravSoni I am soooo loooking forward for the phootoss :D

• Like (+1) 2

Important Information

Terms of use