Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Technical Thirst Murquab - Dubai - 28 Jan 2024

DP1011

We request every member that joins this drive to go through the information below and strictly follow these guidelines, etiquette and responsibilities.

MUST READ AND COMPLY

DRIVE DETAILS

Drive Plan :   If you are looking for a fast pace, adrenaline drive - Then this drive is not for you. If you are looking for a drive that tests your temperament, patience and challenging drive testing your skills on Technical areas surrounding Murquab, Faqa , Lisaili - as the convoy movement permits - then this drive is definitely for you ! Get ready with a fast pace race to RSVP today 7pm, for a slow pace drive on Sunday ;) . Although we aim to finish the drive by 11, but keep 1 hour buffer for any plans that you have :)

Level:  Fewbie and above
When: 28 January 2024, Sunday
Meeting time:  7:00 AM - Sharp
Meeting Point: https://maps.app.goo.gl/gzefDEDbKTjc9xAMA
Approximate finish time: 11:00 AM
Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.
What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), smiles, enthusiasm, and willingness to learn.

RECOMENDED OFF-ROAD GEAR:

• Tire deflator & Tire pressure gauge
  • Compressor (MANDATORY)
  • Walkie-talkie radio (MANDATORY)
  • Off-road flag (MANDATORY)
  • Shovel, Tow Rope & 2 Shackles
  • First-aid kit
  • Fire extinguisher

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE

• This drive is limited to 10 cars only. RSVP will close on Friday - 12 PM.
  • If the RSVP is full, you can add your name to the waitlist, once anyone drops, you will be moved to the RSVP list.
  • RSVP will close a day prior to preparing a convoy list.
  • Latecomers will be returned - Without any exceptions.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned - Without any exceptions.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

PLEASE RSVP ON THE CALENDAR

• DP1011 changed the title to Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Technical Thirst Murquab - Dubai - 28 Jan 2024

Sorry Guys wont be able to come Wife became covid + have to take care of kids, see you next week... Cheers

• Sad (0) 1

Dear Confirmed members   @lucas amat @Ahmed Farouk @Renier Venter @Mahmut @Marek_was003 @Shiju Raju @Robk @Mahesh_ @Gautam Banka @essam ibrahim @Benjamin @Imteeaz - Thanks for signing up for this drive - Please note the meeting point has been updated and convoy numbering will be published later today. If you have change in plans please update the RSVP accordingly so I can include the others in wait list . 

Meeting point : https://maps.app.goo.gl/gzefDEDbKTjc9xAMA . 

Looking forward to seeing you all in sand tomorrow

@DP1011 & @M.Seidam

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 3

2 minutes ago, frederic demolder said:

Hi @DP1011

Any chance to join ? 🤔

Dear @frederic demolder - considering the technical patches for tomorrow's plan, extending the convoy is not something I am keen to do, although as much as I would love to see you + all others in WL ! lets hear from current members confirmed, any change could get you in :) - i might see you tomorrow in that case, but for sure sooon if not tomorrow.

4 hours ago, DP1011 said:

Dear Confirmed members   @lucas amat @Ahmed Farouk @Renier Venter @Mahmut @Marek_was003 @Shiju Raju @Robk @Mahesh_ @Gautam Banka @essam ibrahim @Benjamin @Imteeaz - Thanks for signing up for this drive - Please note the meeting point has been updated and convoy numbering will be published later today. If you have change in plans please update the RSVP accordingly so I can include the others in wait list . 

Meeting point : https://maps.app.goo.gl/gzefDEDbKTjc9xAMA . 

Looking forward to seeing you all in sand tomorrow

@DP1011 & @M.Seidam

Can u all check once if the meeting point is showing up and guiding you on Google maps! just to cross check pls.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, DP1011 said:

Can u all check once if the meeting point is showing up and guiding you on Google maps! just to cross check pls.

It is showing for me. Near the mosque opposite to Eppco 57 gas station in Murquuab.

• Thanks (+1) 1

Hi all @M.Seidam @lucas amat @Ahmed Farouk @Renier Venter @Mahmut @Marek_was003 @Shiju Raju @Robk @Mahesh_ @Gautam Banka @essam ibrahim @Benjamin @Imteeaz

Please find below convoy order . We will use Radio Channel 2 : 446.031. 

Please be on time ,deflated and ready for briefing at 7am AND please also be prepared for 1 hour buffer time, for any plans post drive - as highlighted in drive plan. 

image.png.37585115131c6e947f577050b03ede3c.png

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 4

Dear technical drive lovers ! 

Below quick drive summary : 

Thank you for joining and most importantly being on time ! Having immense experience of Murquab/Solar park, @M.Seidam as our SL was something that I couldn't have asked for more ! Thanks Doc for joining this drive and having you in convoy was very special ! 

With quiick, but detailed briefing, specific to FB level and specific to the drive terrain and plan, we started the drive about 7.30. Soon the convoy was offered with the challenges of testing their skills on maneuvering the interesting dunes of Murquab. We did encounter some vegetation which was nicely handled by the convoy. Overall, I must say it was very well done by the entire convoy. We all were well prepared for the next 4 hours of slow pace drive and it was indeed well executed. Thanks for keeping that extra one hour buffer and we exited just about 15 minutes ahead of time ( including the buffer;) :D

The SWB guys at the front, @Ahmed Farouk @Renier Venter @Mahmut @Marek_was003 You guys did really well by your smooth movement. Specially the first 2, which was your first FB drive. @lucas amat - been long and good to see you what you do with your machine ! @Shiju Raju was a busy day for you but am sure lot of learnings from this one which you will cherish long time ;) ! @Robk U continue to impress me with your LWB, specially in drives like this ! Am sure it was more easier today, since you had done part of this during Jingle Jungle drive :D! @Mahesh_ & @Gautam Banka - I hardly heard anything from you and well done ! Good to see you guys ! 

@essam ibrahim - I hope you enjoyed the drive and with every refusal/stuck you had a take away and more learnings ! You did well in handling the churned sand, despite those refusals you encountered! Well done sir ! 

@Imteeaz and lastly @Benjamin - Thank you for making it a relaxing lead for me, handling all those refusals with immense patience, absolute clear inputs to guys managing those refusals and helping with self recoveries ! Always pleasure to drive with you ! 

Below some interesting stats from today/s drive. ! 

See you all soon in Sand, and wishing you all a great evening and week ahead ! 

FB technical thirst.jpg

FB technical thirst-2.JPG

• Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use