Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Lisaili - Dubai - 24 Feb 2024

M.Seidam

3 hours ago, DP1011 said:

@Abdullah N @Gautam Banka @Mahmut @Prithvi Raj @frederic demolder @sohinik @Faraz94 @Shiju Raju @Sandeep Nayar @Abhilash Kottakkal  

@Mehmet Volga + @M.Seidam 

Please find the convoy order for tomorrow as below , Please be on time, Earlier than 7am is more than welcome :)

We will use Channel 2 - MAKE SURE YOUR RADIO FREQUENCIES ARE SET to 446.031.  Looking forward to seeing you all tomorrow, with all the relevant gears and smiles along with patience to learn ! 

image.png.1e4b58acc57bf303730b189f77129aa0.png

• WOW (+2) 1

THANK YOU!!!@doc for not cancelling the drive even when you had all the reasons to. @DP1011 for the AMAZING lead and @mehmat for your support with my refusals.

This is one of the best dives of my life. 

I would like to thank Deepak for the pep talk that helped me calm my nerves as this was my first fewbe and I really needed that. 

thank you to all carnityners for you company and the knowledge sharing sessions that we had during the break. 

hope to see you all next week

God bless all, enjoy the weekend.

adios amigos 

Edited by Sohini
  • Well Done (+2) 2

What a beautiful drive indeed it has been . Thank you @M.Seidam for this pleasant gift that you planned for today. 

Despite the dense fog, everyone was on pretty much on time - which shows how everyone was looking forward to this one ! Thank you for showing up !

To save time, even though it was foggy, we had our de-brief about 7.30 and waited for the fog to clear , but without any luck on it clearing. We then decided to proceed and enter the sand, to see if visibility gets better - if not , have a good time conversating in Sands. So finally the convoy was on the move at 8am. 

Despite dense fog, the visibility did permit the convoy movement and we did a nonstop 45 mins of drive, for our first break.  During this time, the drive was with very fluid movement with hardly any major refusals. 

The second half of the drive did offer a mix of broad ridges, technical patches and while with visiblity getting better , it did offer a patch full of vegetation requiring more focus to maneuver !  We had couple of refusals but all well managed by self recoveries - thanks to @Mehmet Volga anchoring the convoy in the middle.  Well done for your first SL job @Faraz94 - I noticed you were my SL from the time I reached the meeting point ;) - Well done on keeping that adequate distance. 
Congrats all the first time FBs - @Prithvi Raj @Sandeep Nayar @Sohini who did well given the conditions today ! 

Guys at the back were also am sure having good time in this relaxed but quiet a few times requiring full focus on those drops ! @Mahmut @Shiju Raju  @abdallah @frederic demolder @Gautam Banka@Abhilash Kottakkal !

Considering the time limitations, I decided to skip the last planned patch of Murquab, which offers some more technical challenge without vegetation - which is my fav area of Murquab and hence we exited on time near the Mosque. 

Thanks all again and this for sure is one of those rare drives which offered such fantastic weather. 

Below some stats of the drive for your reference ! 

image.png.304d8803f7ca3640b85914dd9483e5f7.png

image.png.20479e6ca5ea997f318199d38f1423b8.png

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

4 hours ago, DP1011 said:

What a beautiful drive indeed it has been . Thank you @M.Seidam for this pleasant gift that you planned for today. 

Despite the dense fog, everyone was on pretty much on time - which shows how everyone was looking forward to this one ! Thank you for showing up !

To save time, even though it was foggy, we had our de-brief about 7.30 and waited for the fog to clear , but without any luck on it clearing. We then decided to proceed and enter the sand, to see if visibility gets better - if not , have a good time conversating in Sands. So finally the convoy was on the move at 8am. 

Despite dense fog, the visibility did permit the convoy movement and we did a nonstop 45 mins of drive, for our first break.  During this time, the drive was with very fluid movement with hardly any major refusals. 

The second half of the drive did offer a mix of broad ridges, technical patches and while with visiblity getting better , it did offer a patch full of vegetation requiring more focus to maneuver !  We had couple of refusals but all well managed by self recoveries - thanks to @Mehmet Volga anchoring the convoy in the middle.  Well done for your first SL job @Faraz94 - I noticed you were my SL from the time I reached the meeting point ;) - Well done on keeping that adequate distance. 
Congrats all the first time FBs - @Prithvi Raj @Sandeep Nayar @Sohini who did well given the conditions today ! 

Guys at the back were also am sure having good time in this relaxed but quiet a few times requiring full focus on those drops ! @Mahmut @Shiju Raju  @abdallah @frederic demolder @Gautam Banka@Abhilash Kottakkal !

Considering the time limitations, I decided to skip the last planned patch of Murquab, which offers some more technical challenge without vegetation - which is my fav area of Murquab and hence we exited on time near the Mosque. 

Thanks all again and this for sure is one of those rare drives which offered such fantastic weather. 

Thanks @DP1011 for leading my first FB drive with your constant guidance on every patch. Also thanks @M.Seidam @Mahmut and everybody else for this amazing drive.. 

5 hours ago, DP1011 said:

Thank You @DP1011 for leading the drive through such beautiful terrain and tricky weather 😄 This drive has been added to the *finest drives* list. Also thank you for giving me a chance to be SL for the first time, from which I definitely learnt a lot 😎

Thank You @M.Seidam for making sure that no one was left behind in the clouds 😁😆

Good drive everyone, see you next time ✌️

Important Information

Terms of use