•  

Afternoon Fewbie Desert Drive - Sweihan Pond (and beyond?) - Abu Dhabi- 30 Mar 2024

We request every member that joins this drive to go through the information below and strictly follow these guidelines, etiquette and responsibilities.

MUST READ AND COMPLY

Drive Details

Level:  Fewbie and above (all levels)

Meeting time:  2:00 PM (SHARP - Without any exceptions)

Meeting Point:  https://maps.app.goo.gl/rmHmGKSReYNbxkWH8

Action Plan: Another drive in one of the more pristine parts of Sweihan's desert: its western sector. One can find here beautiful sets of long-range dunes, sometimes as tall as on Sweihan's eastern sector (the one usually driven, where Bahil, Old Lady and Nagra dunes are located), but more open and separated by beautiful little valleys and occasional deeper bowls. In the middle of these cordons there is a small oasis, surrounding a green pond of water, around which we'll build our itinerary. 

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), smiles, face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 6:30 PM

P.S. Only join if you have a compressor to inflate your tires after the drive.

RECOMENDED OFF-ROAD GEAR:

• Tire deflator & Tire pressure gauge
  • Compressor (MANDATORY)
  • Walkie-talkie radio (MANDATORY)
  • Off-road flag (MANDATORY)
  • Shovel, Tow Rope & 2 Shackles
  • First-aid kit
  • Fire extinguisher.

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE

• This drive is limited to 10 cars only. RSVP will close on Friday - 12 PM.
  • If the RSVP is full, you can add your name to the waitlist, once anyone drops, you will be moved to the RSVP list.
  • RSVP will close a day prior to preparing a convoy list.
  • Latecomers will be returned - Without any exceptions.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned - Without any exceptions.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

PLEASE RSVP ON THE CALENDAR 

image.png.812ba1c5245f797ddcf30b8bc97be442.png

Dear Desertnauts,

One more drive in the rather pristine dune field west of Sweihan. Long range dunes, some of them also quite tall, separated by rather open areas, we'll driving in the direction of the sunset until we'll veer south, toward the small oasis surrounding the Sweihan's Pond. Once we reach our drive's intended objective, we'll consider extending to Faya, or taking a turn back to Sweihan, across a different set of cordons. I plan to start gently, to get comfortable with the terrain, then speed up to reach one of our planned exits.

At the moment the convoy order will be the following:

@Abhilash Kottakkal in Second Lead

@Vijay Cowlagi at #3

@Jessica Lambert at Center

@Shaun J at #5

@Hani Howeedy at #6, and 

@Anish S in Sweep.

Please reach the meeting point as close to 2:00 PM as possible. You may refuel at Sweihan's ADNOC station.

Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow. Enjoy your Friday evening.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Shaun J said:

@Ale Vallecchi I'm going to have to be a late pullout. Medical issue flared up in this mornings drive with Deepak. Need to rest it. Apologies. 

@Shaun J Hope all Ok , Nothing too concerning?! 
Indeed 1 drive in Dubai and second same day abu dhabi is bit ambitious too:) 

• Thanks (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, DP1011 said:

@Shaun J Hope all Ok , Nothing too concerning?! 
Indeed 1 drive in Dubai and second same day abu dhabi is hit ambitious too:) 

Nothing too concerning. Hoping to have resolved in coming weeks. 

• Like (+1) 2

@Ale Vallecchi thank you very much for the drive and putting me as second lead. It was my first as second lead and a wonderful experience. Sorry that I loose my concentration a couple of times... @Anish S thank you very much for sweeping.. thank you all who joined. Looking forward for the next one...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

@Gaurav This drive is counting towards my drive count (see below screengrab), unfortunately I was unable to attend as posted above. Would you be able to remove this from my attended drive list please.

image.png.70b6bf9fa8a43e6eae0037c5336f344d.png

• Thanks (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use