Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - 100 Km + Challenge - Dubai/AD - 05 May 2024

We request every member that joins this drive to go through the information below and strictly follow these guidelines, etiquette and responsibilities.

MUST READ AND COMPLY

Drive Details

Level:  Fewbie and above (all levels)

Meeting time:  7:30 AM 

Meeting Point: https://maps.app.goo.gl/vvS1S3mdsbHBsMaA9

Action Plan: After the cancellation due to the apocalyptic weather of 2 weeks ago, we'll try once again to follow in the footsteps of the long, long, long treks' tradition establish by yours truely. We'll study an itinerary that we plan to cover in 4 segments of 25 Km each, within a timeframe of 4 hours. Stamina, patience and concentration are the skills required to complete the drive. 

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), smiles, face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm, and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 12:00 PM

P.S. Only join if you have a compressor to inflate your tires after the drive.

RECOMMENDED OFF-ROAD GEAR:

• Tire deflator & Tire pressure gauge
  • Compressor (MANDATORY)
  • Walkie-talkie radio (MANDATORY)
  • Off-road flag (MANDATORY)
  • Shovel, Tow Rope & 2 Shackles
  • First-aid kit
  • Fire extinguisher.

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE

• This drive is limited to 10 cars only. RSVP will close on Friday - 12 PM.
  • If the RSVP is full, you can add your name to the waitlist, once anyone drops, you will be moved to the RSVP list.
  • RSVP will close a day prior to preparing a convoy list.
  • Latecomers will be returned - Without any exceptions.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned - Without any exceptions.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

PLEASE RSVP ON THE CALENDAR 

• Gaurav changed the title to Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - 100 Km + Challenge - Dubai/AD - 05 May 2024
10 minutes ago, Lea Degner said:

Dear Ale, I accidentally signed up for this drive. I wanted to sign up for the Newbie drive instead which I did now but not sure if I properly canceled my attendance here. Can you please check and if necessary remove me from here? 

Thank you so much, Lea

Hi @Lea Degner, looks like you have cancelled you attendance correctly :-) no longer in the guest list.

cheers!

image.png.384015bedca0d8e365ca01abd2c251b7.png

Edited by Luke K P

Dear Desertnauts

I am looking forward to returning to the sand after a few days of absence and following the rains of the last weeks. It is in consideration of the latest heavy precipitations that I have not yet published the meeting and starting point for the drive. Considering its length, and the fact that I have been travelling for a while, I'd like to evaluate the situation of the various areas and terrains, before deciding where to drive. I will publish the final meeting point by Saturday afternoon. The choice will be between the souther part of Dubai's desert (Lisaili/Faqa and/or Solar Park/Qudra areas) or Sweihan's section closest to Dubai (say from Pac-Man dunes to Nagra/Nahil).

In the meantime, the convoy order that I'd like to line-up will be the following:

@Aser in Second Lead

@Sviatoslav at #3

@RiadJL at #4

@Zak_ at #5

@Andrew John Melvill at #6

@Batuhan Kulac at Center

@Johannes Roux at #8

@Mahmut at #9

@Hani Howeedy at #10 and 

@Luke K P in Sweep.

Let's reconvene here on Saturday to share the meeting point.

Enjoy the end of the week.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

13 minutes ago, Ale Vallecchi said:

Dear Desertnauts

I am looking forward to returning to the sand after a few days of absence and following the rains of the last weeks. It is in consideration of the latest heavy precipitations that I have not yet published the meeting and starting point for the drive. Considering its length, and the fact that I have been travelling for a while, I'd like to evaluate the situation of the various areas and terrains, before deciding where to drive. I will publish the final meeting point by Saturday afternoon. The choice will be between the souther part of Dubai's desert (Lisaili/Faqa and/or Solar Park/Qudra areas) or Sweihan's section closest to Dubai (say from Pac-Man dunes to Nagra/Nahil).

In the meantime, the convoy order that I'd like to line-up will be the following:

@Aser in Second Lead

@Sviatoslav at #3

@RiadJL at #4

@Zak_ at #5

@Batuhan Kulac at Center

@Johannes Roux at #8

@Mahmut at #9

@Hani Howeedy at #10 and 

@Luke K P in Sweep.

No long til the weekend 😁🙏 see you all Sunday..

• Like (+1) 4

15 hours ago, Ale Vallecchi said:

Dear Desertnauts

@Aser in Second Lead

@Sviatoslav at #3

@RiadJL at #4

@Zak_ at #5

@Batuhan Kulac at Center

@Johannes Roux at #8

@Mahmut at #9

@Hani Howeedy at #10 and 

@Luke K P in Sweep.

I have to step out, see you next time 

• Sad (0) 1

On 5/3/2024 at 7:33 AM, Ale Vallecchi said:

Dear Desertnauts

@Aser in Second Lead

@Sviatoslav at #3

@RiadJL at #4

@Zak_ at #5

@Batuhan Kulac at Center

@Johannes Roux at #8

@Hani Howeedy at #10 and 

@Luke K P in Sweep.

Dear Desertnauts. 

After some deliberation, find below the meeting and deflation point:

https://maps.app.goo.gl/vvS1S3mdsbHBsMaA9

From here we'll head to Lisaili, then down toward Faqa (via the infamous Chimney Route), and on to Little Sweihan before heading either to Solar Park or Ghantoot (TBD). The itinerary plans to minimize areas of sabkhas, which with the rains would have become quite muddy and treacherous.

For the Sweihan lovers, that will be my next weekend's objective. 

See you all tomorrow

12 hours ago, Ale Vallecchi said:

@Haneef Thayyil, you have been automatically signed up for tomorrow's drive. Do you confirm? Thanks 

Hi @Haneef Thayyil. Sorry to chase you. Do you confirm your joining tomorrow? If not I'll  free your spot for the next WL in line. Thanks a lot. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

1 hour ago, Ale Vallecchi said:

Dear Desertnauts. 

After some deliberation, find below the meeting and deflation point:

https://maps.app.goo.gl/vvS1S3mdsbHBsMaA9

From here we'll head to Lisaili, then down toward Faqa (via the infamous Chimney Route), and on to Little Sweihan before heading either to Solar Park or Ghantoot (TBD). The itinerary plans to minimize areas of sabkhas, which with the rains would have become quite muddy and treacherous.

For the Sweihan lovers, that will be my next weekend's objective. 

See you all tomorrow

Hi @Haneef Thayyil. Sorry to chase you. Do you confirm your joining tomorrow? If not I'll  free your spot for the next WL in line. Thanks a lot. 

Hi @Ale Vallecchi yes I will be coming, confirmed! 

Edit: 4:50pm :  I'm sorry @Ale Vallecchi I just read above you have changed the route, we had another drive on almost same route today morning with @DP1011 so I'm withdrawing from this drive will join on next week.  

Edited by Haneef Thayyil
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use