Advertise here

Hi All,

I'll post this here as it can apply to various Mercedes models and I know many imported Mercs (Japanese, USA) exist in the UAE.

Does anyone have experience with converting a Japanese spec COMAND and phone system to European/Gulf Specifications? Or work around to get the most functionality (Nav, phone, TV, Radio) out of the standard Japanese spec kit?

Thanks in advance

Thanks for the reply Adnan.

After some searching around, either no one knew, or it was a major job. I don't mind to swap the COMAND units, but if its also going to need replacing the wiring loom and all devices then its just not worth it :) I rarely use TV/GPS/Radio anyway, its just nice to have everything working as intended.

cheers

Very true Ezah, thats why i said its practically impossible. Changing so much things and spending on different things makes no point. Once you resale the car you wont get any dime extra. So why bother.

Just for fun, on BMW road in shj closer to mazza signal i have seen some shops selling head units, see if that quick replace without the wiring loom can help. Those guys are pretty flexible in selling and will also accept it back if it doesn't fit. You can try that.

I really doubt they will install it for you. But if you take the car then they can see and advise whether it will fit or not for sure.

Remember to bargain good, and if you buy make sure ask them to refund money if it doesnt fit.

Head unit swap wont take long to change, take a stroll in shj industrial area and i am sure you will find some good garage to fix it.

Same i have done few years back.