Advertise here

Long vacation

What things one needs to keep in mind when travelling for a long vacation. I am sure many people go to their home countries to enjoy their vacation, but its necessary to leave your car in a good condition in order to avoid any trouble afterwards.

Cars My passion :mrgreen:  :ugeek:

If you like my above post, please press Like / Thanks on right side to help me increase my rating

Very good point. If you are going on a vacation, make sure that you leave your car in a garage or indoor parking place. Its really risky to leave your car outside as it damages the engine, battery and the paint of the car as per the weather outside.

Its also necessary to clean your car before going. If your car has dust or stains on the top, it can damage the paint. So clean your car before going. Along with cleaning, consider the oil change as well. If you are just going for a week or two, then not necessary. But if your vacation is gonna be more than a month, better get the oil changed as well otherwise the old oil gets contaminated.

Dont let your battery be attended even if you are a vacation. Either tell anyone to drive your car in your absence that will help the battery keeping charged. Or, you can disconnect the negative battery cable from the engine. That will not keep the battery stationary without losing any power.