•  
Advertise here

Car polishing is good or bad? Long term review

amid

I have got the car polishing done 2 years back and started seeing the formation of mild white patches in my grey color car. Although it's not very obvious at the moment, but anyone can spot once too close to the vehicle. My doubt is, will it get worst with time.....? Is it because of car poloshing....? Is because of bad car polishing workmanship or products....?

Cars My passion :mrgreen:  :ugeek:

If you like my above post, please press Like / Thanks on right side to help me increase my rating

I had a scratch on my 1983 Mercedes the other day that i've done while trying to park my car, used thee polish specifically to that area just to remove the scratch, I think using Polish for the whole car isn't a good suggestion, as it definitely help on removing the paint..

1460951523920-385135824.jpg

• Like (+1) 2

'Technician' has said it all. It is highly likely that the person polishing your car didn't check the paint thickness and he went through your clear coat and/or the paint. Sunlight, specifically UV rays, is another strong reason why the clear coat may fail. The main point that I want to get across is that polishing a car itself is not a bad thing, as long as you do it right. By that, I mean you have the right tools/gauge to assess how much clear coat you are removing and in case of single coat cars, how much of the actual paint that you are shaving off. Secondly, you can significantly delay the appearance of scratches on your car by washing your car using the right methods, one of them being the two bucket method as suggested by 'Technician'. And one should really limit 'paint correction' jobs to once a year in order to avoid losing too much clear coat/paint.

You didn't mention which make of car you have? Usually the Japanese makes suffer from this problem as they have very soft paint.

Important Information

Terms of use